News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Southern Exposure 2006

Started by Helvetian, August 23, 2005, 11:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helvetian

We're pulling together our younger convention, Southern Exposure 2006, which will be September 29th through October 2nd at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Cherry Hill, NJ.  This is still quite a small convention, and we only expect about 400-500 people at the most.  While, to be honest, I'm not sure how good this one would be for you guys financially, you are as always welcome to join us there.  :-)  At the least, you are welcome to come enjoy the convention and play or run some games.  The game proposal form is up on our newly-renovated website (www.dexposure.com).

As always, please feel free to poke me with any questions!

Becca
Rebecca Badurina
Vice President, Programming
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

TonyLB

Becca, Dreamation and DEXCON have a fairly broad-based appeal in many categories.  There are plenty of people who come primarily for board games, or the RPGA, or video-game competitions, or LARPing.  And that's very cool... it keeps the place hopping, and gives people a whole world of options to explore.  But it does make the numbers attending a little hard to interpret for meaning.

Now if Southern Exposure is 400+ table-top, non-RPGA, non-Living-Arcana roleplayers then that's awfully attractive.  But if it's 400+ "all of the above" then that's a different situation.  Do you have some sense of which it is likely to be?
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Helvetian

If it was 400-500 RPGers, I'd definitely be dragging in as big of an Indie presence as possible.  SE does have the other tracks as well, so RPGs are not the primary focus there.  I want to be completely honest about that.  :-)  It's why I'm not pushing it as much here.
Rebecca Badurina
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Luke

Hi Rebecca,

I might be enticed to do a full saturday of games at Southern Exposure. When's the deadline for the schedule?

-L

Helvetian

Hi Luke,

For Southern Exposure, the deadline for game submissions is September 6th.  Naturally, anyone also wanting to do unscheduled demos at a table in the public area will get a table.  :-)

Becca
Rebecca Badurina
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Luke

Quote from: Helvetian on August 25, 2005, 09:25:58 AM
Hi Luke,

For Southern Exposure, the deadline for game submissions is September 6th.  Naturally, anyone also wanting to do unscheduled demos at a table in the public area will get a table.  :-)

Becca

The unscheduled demos really didn't go over well at Dexcon. Most folks just walked past us on their way to their scheduled games. This time around, I'd rather run a series of scheduled games of growing complexity.

-L

Kat Miller

Michael and I are going to Southern Exposure.  I wouldn't mind organizing a small IGE for Southern. It may not be big for sales, but it increases exposure.  Let me know who else is going to Southern, so I can set us up a track of games.

-kat
kat Miller

Luke

hey Rebecca,

any idea what bus line one takes to get to the Clarion.  I'm flummoxed by the NJT website. It, of course, doesn't recognize the Clarion's address.
;(
-L

Andrew Morris

Luke, try using 1450 Marlton Pike as the address instead of Rt. 70. That might do the trick.
Download: Unistat