News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

With Great Power... is now available!

Started by Michael S. Miller, August 29, 2005, 10:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

At long last, the complete version of With Great Power... is available to to world!

The With Great Power... full edition is done! The complete game is a 144-page, comic book-sized softcover. It includes:

• a question-driven Origin Process for creating superheroic characters
  • an Enrichment Process that moves fast and drives the story forward
  • a Conflict Process that is fast, tense, and includes a 4-page comic book-style rules explanation
  • rules for the Game Master to create villains to fill her Rogues Gallery, and a detailed process for crafting villainous Plans aimed directly at what your players care about the most.

The game will be available in PDF format this autumn. To order the print version, please check out the With Great Power... Order Page.

You can save the world,
but are you willing to pay the price?
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

rafial

How much difference is there between this version, and the version that was available at GenCon?

Ron Edwards

Where shall I start?

Totally complete, workable, powerful rules

Villain stuff, in a big way

100+ more pages

Excellent examples

Color cover

... and that's just for starters.

Best,
Ron

Eero Tuovinen

If that's the case, what the hell was it that I bought? I thought I was getting something sellable...
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Ron Edwards

Wait a minute. Maybe I'm causing problems.

I was referring to the differences between (a) the current game, which was just launched at GenCon 2005, and (b) the preview edition, which appeared at GenCon 2004.

But maybe Michael is talking about a third thing, which I know nothing about.

Since (a) looks a hell of a lot like a full & finished game to me, I'm now totally confused and shall step out of the conversation.

Best,
Ron

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: rafial on August 29, 2005, 11:01:09 PM
How much difference is there between this version, and the version that was available at GenCon?

The 28-page Preview Edition was available at GenCon 2004. It did it's job and is no longer available.

The 144-page complete Edition was available at GenCon 2005 and this thread is announcing that I am now offering it to people who didn't pick it up at GenCon. It took me a week to recover, get the website set up, etc. This is the exact same book that was available at GenCon 2005. There is no third version.

Eero, you're good to go. Ben has copies of the complete game. Very sellable, if I do say so myself.

Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

rafial

ah keen... Yes I was asking if there was any difference between this, and the version from GenCon 2005, which my field agents are even now rushing into my grasp.  I'm glad to hear that there will be no hitch in my plan for world domination.

Eero Tuovinen

Well, yeah. I didn't really think that Mike sold me a bunch of the previews at $20 retail price. Just joking.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Brand_Robins

Yay!

Michael, I shall send you money shortly.
- Brand Robins

Spooky Fanboy

Good for you, Mike! Hope to se3e you soon so I can take the full version out for a spin.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Hanbaga

Dear Mike - Congrats on your game. "With Great Power" is a success even at this point. I intend to share it with a number of gaming friends to see what they think of it. Perhaps soon you'll have some orders coming in from the Michigan area. By the way, if your in to campy boardgames, my friends got a "zombie vs. victims" strategy game published recently, but I won't post company names etc. on this service. Anyway, its very campy, creepy, cheesy and lots of fun. Thanks so much for the recent package, this will be a good time. I will update you on my own eccentric endeavors for Okinawa very soon. Best wishes and again, congrats,

J.

P.S. Hi Kat!