Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2020, 06:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 219 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [The Shab-al-Hiri Roach] DU MUMUA AK/ŅAR  (Read 25533 times)
jrs

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 06:58:35 AM »

Have you played?  I'd love to hear about your experiences. 

Hi Jason,

I'm the "Julie" in the game Ron described above.  So, yes, I have played the Roach and enjoyed it immensely. 

Julie
Mikael

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 06:08:05 AM »

3. Now combine #1 and #2. A character may die only if he or she is free of the roach. A roach-bound character is "off-limits" for murder. Dead characters are still played indirectly, and their Reputations are still at stake and treated as normal.

Hmm... I have not played the game, so there might be something I donīt just get yet. Anyway, I would have suggested the exact opposite:

Characters can only be killed if they are roached, and the roach in their brain is a natural reason to just keep moving anyway. This means that the character dies for real only if the roach is removed, but if Iīve understood your rules correctly that can only happen voluntarily, which seems ok.

Cheers,
+ Mikael

Playing Dogs over Skype? See everybody's rolls live with the browser-independent Remote Dogs Roller - mirrors: US, FIN
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 06:39:22 AM »

Hello,

Discussions of the rules should be taken to [Shab-al-Hiri Roach] Revisions, Questions, Kušu Barultag.

I'm working up the thread about my second game, at GenCon, but will look forward to anyone's questions or impressions about this one, the first one, in this thread.

Best,
Ron
Marco

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 08:25:51 AM »

This really does sound like a winner of a game. I'm super-skeptical of Lovecraft done right but this sounds like everything I'd want it to be. Kudos!

-Marco

---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: