News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[The Shab-al-Hiri Roach] DU MUMUA AK/ÑAR

Started by Ron Edwards, August 30, 2005, 09:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrs

Quote from: jasonm on August 31, 2005, 10:33:03 AM
Have you played?  I'd love to hear about your experiences. 

Hi Jason,

I'm the "Julie" in the game Ron described above.  So, yes, I have played the Roach and enjoyed it immensely. 

Julie

Mikael

Quote from: Ron Edwards on August 30, 2005, 11:27:28 PM
3. Now combine #1 and #2. A character may die only if he or she is free of the roach. A roach-bound character is "off-limits" for murder. Dead characters are still played indirectly, and their Reputations are still at stake and treated as normal.

Hmm... I have not played the game, so there might be something I don´t just get yet. Anyway, I would have suggested the exact opposite:

Characters can only be killed if they are roached, and the roach in their brain is a natural reason to just keep moving anyway. This means that the character dies for real only if the roach is removed, but if I´ve understood your rules correctly that can only happen voluntarily, which seems ok.

Cheers,
+ Mikael
Playing Dogs over Skype? See everybody's rolls live with the browser-independent Remote Dogs Roller - mirrors: US, FIN

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Discussions of the rules should be taken to [Shab-al-Hiri Roach] Revisions, Questions, Kušu Barultag.

I'm working up the thread about my second game, at GenCon, but will look forward to anyone's questions or impressions about this one, the first one, in this thread.

Best,
Ron

Marco

This really does sound like a winner of a game. I'm super-skeptical of Lovecraft done right but this sounds like everything I'd want it to be. Kudos!

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland