News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Rules/phrases question

Started by Ron Edwards, August 31, 2005, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Ben, I'm composing a little options-flowchart of the Key Phrases, for a single player to refer to. I think I've got it down complete and right.

Except for one thing. Textually, da rules say, And That Was How It Happened can respond to anything except You Ask Far Too Much. Um ... is it possible to respond to It Shall Not Come to Pass with And That Was How It Happened?

I was under the impression that It Shall Not Come to Pass had to go directly to the dice, period, do not pass go. But can the other player say And That Was How It Happened instead, and simply concede, without going to the dice?

Best,
Ron

Ben Lehman

It shall not come to pass ends conflict.  Therefore, no key phrase can be used to respond to it.  Including And furthermore.

Similarly, no key phrase can be used to respond to And that was how it happened or But it was not meant to be.

So, in conclusion, And Furthermore can:

1) Begin conflict.
2) Be used to respond to the following phrases:
But only if
And furthermore

yrs--
--Ben

Ron Edwards

Thanks!

I'm good with all the other possibilities; your comments on And Furthermore match what I've got on the chart.

I shall now attempt to compose it electronically with my mad Draw skilz.

Best,
Ron

GreatWolf

Would you be willing to share this diagram with the rest of the class once you have completed it?  Being very selfish, I would find such a thing quite handy.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Brand_Robins

- Brand Robins

Ron Edwards

No! I'm going to have it hand-printed on expensive paper by oppressed migrant laborers, and make you pay for it at an obscene markup!

(jeez)

Of course I'll make it available, probably by sending the file to Ben for the site, if he wants. That's why I'm bothering to make it into an electronic file in the first place.

Best,
Ron

Ben Lehman

Quote from: Ron Edwards on August 31, 2005, 03:20:40 PM
probably by sending the file to Ben for the site, if he wants

In case it isn't obvious: Want.

yrs--
--Ben

Nev the Deranged

Also also want.

I am sure Ben will let us all know when said chart appears on his site ^_^

thank you, Ron, for saving me the trouble, as this would indubitably have been the first thing I did before attempting to play. you guys all know how I am with that kind of stuff. now if only I ever got to play anything... *sigh*