News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

distribution?

Started by contracycle, September 01, 2005, 07:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

contracycle

Two gaming stores in London have a single copy of the Monster burner each and no copies of the character burner.  One lot told me its very hard to get hold of, took 3 months to get a hold of one copy of the character burner.  I'm not sure what your distribution model is but this might be worth taking a look at.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Matt Machell

I've encountered this. The problem seems to be that some UK distributors only order when the requests from retailers hit a certain level, until they do they claim the book is "unavailable" or "difficult to get", whereas all they really need to do is phone Key20 and get a new order shipped out. To be honest I reckon it's cos they're used to the standard "peak and fade" style of publishing, rather than the slow burn (he he) of BW and are trying to avoid overstock.

-Matt

Luke

Quote from: contracycle on September 01, 2005, 07:02:00 AM
Two gaming stores in London have a single copy of the Monster burner each and no copies of the character burner.  One lot told me its very hard to get hold of, took 3 months to get a hold of one copy of the character burner.  I'm not sure what your distribution model is but this might be worth taking a look at.

Don't let whiny retailers get in your way. When they start the "it's hard..." tell them "the Burning Wheel is carried by Esdevium" They ordered 42 copies at the beginning of August.

hope that helps.
-Luke

Jake Norwood

Game stores are notoriously lazy when it comes to ordering anything that isn't "corporate." Even if it's clearly a "done deal" where the sale of the game is concerned. They have several stock excuses, my favorite of which is "oh, that game's out of print." LOL. Whatever. I was told by a game store once that TROS (my game) was out of print; another told me that distribution couldn't get it, etc.

Esdivium, it happens, is one of the very best distributors out there. In the future I might skip working with stateside distributors, but I'll always work with Esdivium.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant