News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PDF Game Sheets

Started by Thor Olavsrud, September 01, 2005, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor Olavsrud

Hi Mike,

FYI, I was just downloading some of the game sheets from your site in preparation for my character creation session tonight, and I noticed that both the Hero Sheet PDF and the Thought Balloon PDF are generating 404 errors.

Michael S. Miller

Boy, is my face red. Well, the redder, the better, right?

The hero sheet is a .pdf NOT a .zip

The thought balloon is a .zip NOT a .pdf

I'll fix the website as soon as I can, but for now, you can just change the filenames manually and you should be able to access them just fine.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Thor Olavsrud

Ok. Thanks Michael. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens.

Chris Passeno

I may be completely wrong, but...

In my experience of making pdf forms, unless the user has the full version of Acrobat, they won't be able to save the typed in information.

If someone figures out a way to make this happen, I'd be very interested.  My gut's telling me that one should put a submit button on the form to export the form data.  I dunno though.

Chris

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Chris Passeno on September 01, 2005, 04:59:55 PM
I may be completely wrong, but...

In my experience of making pdf forms, unless the user has the full version of Acrobat, they won't be able to save the typed in information.

If someone figures out a way to make this happen, I'd be very interested.  My gut's telling me that one should put a submit button on the form to export the form data.  I dunno though.

Chris

The developer needs to set up the function for people with reader to save the changes to the file.  Adobe.com has the full lowdown on what can be done.  Concerning Forms:
QuoteQ. Can I save Adobe PDF forms in Adobe Reader after I have filled out a PDF form?
A. Yes, provided your form has had the "local save" capability turned on with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions. Team members both inside and outside an organization have access to and can interact with forms. You can easily open, fill out and submit PDF forms, even from handheld devices and over wireless connections. However, if the "local save" capability has not been activated in your PDF form, you will not be able to save the form data with Adobe Reader.

Oh and Michael.  Don't take any of Thor's shit.  They roll like assholes in NYC I hear...

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Keith Senkowski

Oh and of course I forgot to mention that this is a server side solution that costs lots of money to implement.  The IRS uses it as an example...

The only real solution to work around this cost is to set the form to submit the entire PDF to you (the designer), which you can then turn around for folks to download and save on their computers.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel