News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NoVA Apartment Con 23 Sep - Activity Thread

Started by Adam Dray, September 01, 2005, 02:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Dray

I really think that having 3+ threads for one house con is a bit ridiculous, but I didn't want to hijack apeiron's other threads.

This thread is for discussing what kinds of stuff we're gonna do there. Anything related to that is cool. What games do you want to play? What do you wanna do for dinner? How are you going to get there? Anything related to the activities of that day are good here. The only things off topic are: location (Todd's house in Herndon) and date (Sat. Sept. 23), which are covered by the other two threads.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Adam Dray

I'm happy to run My Life with Master for 3-4 people. Takes about 5 hours as a one-shot, including setup. I have but two games under my belt as a GM, and one as a player.

I'm also eager to playtest Verge with 3 people. Takes about 5-6 hours as a one-shot, including setup. I have run this twice before and it's only a little rough around the edges.

apeiron

Thanks for getting this ball rolling. 

And is it absurd, but it beats the admins shutting it down.

Are either of those games your products?  It looks like Verge is, and if that is the case, i'd rather do that.
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Adam Dray

As for the admins shutting down threads, they won't if the thread stays on topic. So name your topic "NoVA Apartment Con" next time, and then location, time, and activities will all be on-topic. ;)

Verge is my game, yes, as is my 24-hour comedic horror game, Trapped!  I'm happy to run either though Verge is dearer to my heart.  Both rulesets are linked in my signature.

MLwM is, of course, not mine (Paul Czege is the author).

Vaxalon

Guildmaster is a roleplaying-enabled card game I'm developing.  As such, I really don't know how many people is ideal for it, but I'd like to start with four people.  One game ought to take two hours, depending on how much narration goes on.  I'd like to run more than one game, if time permits.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

apeiron

It looks like we have a great deal of gaming to do.  Let's shoot to meet up at noon.  Earlier is ok with me, earler = more gaming!
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Vaxalon

Noon is the ABSOLUTE earliest I'd be able to open up my house... and no guarantees about what it looks  like.  That being said, since we'll probably be using my basement game room, the rest of the house shouldn't impact us much.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Sydney Freedberg

Just to remind everyone, 'cause I know I was confused: Despite the title of this thread, the current plan is to meet on Saturday, September 24. (See here for original clarification).

(Crossposted with the location thread)

Shawn De Arment

I would like to invite some non-forge folks to corrupt with cool indie games. I count a possible 8 forge attendees (the actual number that attend will probably be smaller). I was planning to invite 5 more people, and guess that around 2 would show. Would this be a problem?

I would be up to playing most anything, but prefer to try new things (Guildmaster and/or Verge).
Working on: One Night (formally called CUP)

Vaxalon

I will try to bring enough cards for eight people to play Guildmaster.  More than that would probably not be weildy anyways.
                                     --Vincent Baker

Ron Edwards

No more posting about this event. Please use email or PMs.

For future reference, everyone, look over the three threads that have been utilized for this topic. Recognize that they passed the "not on the Forge" point a little while ago, and try to understand where that point might have been.

There's no point in me stepping in and being everyone's dad to moderate that sort of thing. You have to develop self-moderation.

Best,
Ron