News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

(Sorc) Handling the creation of new characters.

Started by sirogit, September 07, 2005, 04:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Looking for suggestions on how to handle people making up new characters mid-game, espicially early on.

Case in point, a character goes to Humanity 0 in the first session(Which went swimmingly), and wants to pursue the "No frills, old guy's a psycho-new character" option.

I would like to have the rest of the group present for the making of a new character, but it doesn't really work for the game's time frame if I wanted to also have a session, also, it occured to me it might be a bit harder to get the group involved if it's only one person's character.

Perhaps somewhat unfortunately, I've scheduled the game abit tightly, so that it can't go on for little more then two hours.

Presumably, my options would be:

A) Spend a session doing Character Creation for one character.
B) Resceduling - which would be, badgering one guy to commit to something on the week-ends, doable but non-optimal.
C) Character creation without the group present.

Ron Edwards

Hi Sean,

Well ... why not make it simple? Have the guy come up with the provisional character, then bring it to the session and have everyone vet it? He can fill out the diagram as the final step with everyone there.

With any luck it won't take long, and another way to look at it is, if it does take a while, then maybe it should.

Plus everyone else oughtta have those sheets filled out and updated too ... this little breather could be an important step in the game, if people are getting slack about it.

Best,
Ron