News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Appropriateness of other Message Icons

Started by Eric Provost, September 15, 2005, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Provost

Ron or Clinton,

While I was posting earlier today I noticed that little pull-down box below the subject line titled "Message Icon".  There's a bunch of icons there including smiley faces and the like.  I was tempted to play around with them, cuz they seem fun, but it occurred to me that almost no one uses them right now. 

Are any of the non-Standard icons acceptable for use here?  If so, what are the appropriate circumstances to use them?

That button's begging me to click it.

-Eric

Ron Edwards

Restrain yourself.

No cute little icons at the Forge. Communicate with words and sentences.

The quicker that shit's deactivated, the happier I'll be. Clinton is trying to rebuild his LIFE right now, though, so I'm not impatient.

Best,
Ron

Christoph Boeckle

Sorry for going against this idea. Please feel free to edit my post in AP if necessary.
Regards,
Christoph

Ron Edwards

Christoph and everyone,

Don't apologize. It's not a matter of offending me or bothering me. It's just not. You haven't hurt me or anyone else, so you don't have to apologize.

Just adjust, consider why I might be reinforcing these standards (some very explicit, some just picked up over time). Think about it to yourself, or send me a private message if you want to talk about it. Very easy - no blame, no problems, nothing like that.

Best,
Ron

Eric Provost

Don't sweat it Artanis.  I'm sure Ron's not so concerned with it that he'd edit your post over an simple icon.  

Ya' just gotta keep in mind that the Forge is a unique place on the internet.  It's really Ron & Clinton's house.  And in their house ya takes off yer shoes, avoid useless things, and try to be productive.  Sillyness isn't a sin here, just less than produtive.

-Eric

Cross-posted with Ron.

Christoph Boeckle

Allright, cool!

(Maybe this could go into "Etiquette at The Forge (policy)" (the idea that one should communicate with words and sentences)?)
Regards,
Christoph