News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DitV] Mormonism and drugs

Started by Larry L., September 17, 2005, 07:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brand_Robins

Quote from: glyphmonkey on September 19, 2005, 03:48:27 PMHa ha! She was broken and you showed her!

More like he was self-righteous and pompus, and I was a rude jerk with a bad attitude.

Which is why we needed Dogs, for the pain and teaching.
- Brand Robins

Joshua A.C. Newman

Self-righteous and pompous = broken, in my book. They're also masks folks use to plaster over questions rather than asking them.

Also, you weren't the first teenaged  rude jerk with a bad attitude. If the woman's faith can't take that universal constant, her faith is broken, too.

... not that there's a reason to treat each other like that most of the time. But a religion that can't handle the existence of surly teenagers isn't much of a religion.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

Brand_Robins

Quote from: glyphmonkey on September 19, 2005, 04:08:06 PM... not that there's a reason to treat each other like that most of the time. But a religion that can't handle the existence of surly teenagers isn't much of a religion.

Well, I would go on to atone for it eventually. There was, in our ward, a Sunday School class that broke a dozen teachers in less than two months.

Guess who they called to teach em?

Right.

I did that for 6 years, and ended up teaching every kid between 12 and 18 in the ward, and had to see em through the shittiest ages of all.
- Brand Robins

Larry L.

Hey all,

I don't really see this thread going anywhere, so let's call it closed.