News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Couple questions

Started by Nev the Deranged, September 24, 2005, 03:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

Okay, so I finally got to actually play some Dogs tonight. Just an Initiation, but she's psyched to get a group together so it just might happen. I posted about it in AP.

Anyway, couple easy questions:

1) If you only have one die left after Seeing, can you Raise with one die? Obviously you can invoke something to get more dice, but what if you don't want to or have used everything? Can you Fold on your Go, or just on a See?

2) um... actually I forgot the other question. It's almost 3am. Sorry.

I did have some issues running the Initiation at first, mainly because it took me a while to grasp that I wasn't playing Br. Job vs. Sis. Deborah, I was playing Sister Deborah Learns Compassion vs. She Doesn't. Once I grasped that it was... well, it was still hard to come up with stuff, but the stuff I did come up with was at least appropriate.

(She didn't. Boy did she didn't. But it was so perfect! ^_^)

Anyway thanks for a rockin' game, I'm looking forward to playing! I just hope I have some solid GMing skills left under the rust!

D.

Joshua A.C. Newman

Quote from: Nev the Deranged on September 24, 2005, 03:54:37 AM

1) If you only have one die left after Seeing, can you Raise with one die? Obviously you can invoke something to get more dice, but what if you don't want to or have used everything? Can you Fold on your Go, or just on a See?[/quote

Play your die (if it's worth it). You can fold instead of seeing next round. Your opposition might not be able to see it, which means you win, or they might have to see in three (which is fairly likely at that end of the conflict), which means you'll inflict fallout.

Quote2) um... actually I forgot the other question. It's almost 3am. Sorry.

No, but you'll find the reference on pg. 196 under "Beans and other explosive effects." It's right before the hex map rules.

QuoteI did have some issues running the Initiation at first, mainly because it took me a while to grasp that I wasn't playing Br. Job vs. Sis. Deborah, I was playing Sister Deborah Learns Compassion vs. She Doesn't. Once I grasped that it was... well, it was still hard to come up with stuff, but the stuff I did come up with was at least appropriate.

Yeah, Br. Job was a characteristic of the conflict, not its center.

QuoteAnyway thanks for a rockin' game, I'm looking forward to playing! I just hope I have some solid GMing skills left under the rust!

Just do it by the rules and you'll be fine. Seriously, read the Town Creation rules carefully while you're creating a town. Do it in order.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.