News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Another Piece of Errata?

Started by Joshua Patterson, September 23, 2005, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Patterson

Reading through the book again I noticed what might be an error, not sure if it's been spotted before.

Page 36, in the example where Nocturne is staking debt to not be overdrawn, she uses her Pride drive of 2 to stake 3 debt.

No staking debt over your drive strength regardless, right?  And just so I understand correctly, she really would only have to stake 2 debt to drop her equal with her drive strength in order not to be overdrawn, correct?

Do I get my name on the Errata sheet?  :)
- Joshua Patterson

TonyLB

Sorry, I think that example's actually correct.  No staking more than your drive's strength on a single conflict.  But she's staking one debt on one conflict and two debt on another, so that's all kosher.  Indeed, there is no theoretical limit to how much debt you could stake in one action, so long as (a) you had enough and (b) there were enough conflicts where you were not already staked to absorb it all.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Joshua Patterson

Doh!  It makes perfect sense now.  :(  My brain refused to process the fact that she was in 2 different conflicts.

As a side curiousity, what's the largest number of conflicts you've ever seen on the table at once?
- Joshua Patterson

TonyLB

I know I've seen at least twelve conflicts on the table at one time.  If I've seen more then I forget.  I think eight is the most I've ever seen actually resolve at the end of one page.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum