News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Spiel Essen

Started by Matt Machell, September 29, 2005, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Machell

Way back in the mists of time, Luke started a thread about Spiel Essen. I thought it looked a neat Con, so decided to go. Well, it's about two weeks away now and I've booked hotels and flights, what I haven't done is organised any indie gaming.

So, who'll be there and what indie games do they fancy playing? (I'd  like to get some Mountain Witch play in)

Secondly, for anybody who's been before: are there areas set aside for open gaming? Are they easy to nab?

-Matt

Stefan / 1of3

I fear, that there will hardly be any people who know The Mountain Witch. Games from Forge space are rare to outright exotic in Germany.

I won't be able to come, but the rest of the Sighpress crew will be there. So you can have a look on Degenesis and a glance on most of the AERA core book. The German edition of Unknown Armies will be available, too, but I guess you'd rather take the English one.

Matt Machell

It was more on the offchance that any German forge readers were going and fancied a bit of indie diversion in the midst of the madness that is the rest of the Con. Some indie games do get to Germany, I know Inspectres has a translation, for example. The old thread had a fair few showing interest, so you never know...

I'll keep an eye out for Sighpress. Do they have a booth?

-Matt

Frank T

I probably won't be able to come, but I'd like to send someone with a shopping list to the Forge Booth. That'll save me a lot of shipping costs. Is there a list of the games that will be available, and the corresponding prices?

- Frank

Matt Machell

Quote from: Frank T on October 07, 2005, 08:29:20 AM
I probably won't be able to come, but I'd like to send someone with a shopping list to the Forge Booth.

No booth, I'm afraid. Just me (+my GF) wandering round.

So unless it's a copy of Nopress you're looking for, I can't really help.

-Matt

Frank T

Oh, so Lukes plan wasn't put into action? Sorry to hear that, especially since I've been telling everybody there would be a Forge Booth at Spiel...

- Frank

Jestocost

I'm really sorry to hear that there won't be a Forge Booth.

But if you'r coming to Essen, then just visit us at the Sighpress booth in Hall 6, booth 6.56. We're presenting Degenesis, Aera, the German version of Unknown Armies and a preview of Requiem of a Soul. And I'll definitely be happy to have a coffee with you guys or a couple of German beers in the evening. See you, I hope.

Tim Struck
Vortex Verlag
even if it's sunday may i be wrong

Matt Machell

Quote from: Jestocost on October 07, 2005, 11:20:24 AM
And I'll definitely be happy to have a coffee with you guys or a couple of German beers in the evening.

Thanks Tim, I'll take you up on that offer. I'm a big beer fan :)

Quote from: Frank T on October 07, 2005, 11:10:09 AM
Oh, so Lukes plan wasn't put into action? Sorry to hear that, especially since I've been telling everybody there would be a Forge Booth at Spiel...

Sadly Luke couldn't make it, so no Booth. I'll try and wear an obvious T-Shirt in case of passing interest...

-Matt

Luke

Sadly, I can't make the trip. BWR needs to be reprinted, and I couldn't afford both trip and reprint at the same time. Plus RL issues complicated the matters even further.

HOWEVER, there was never going to be a Forge booth per se at Spiel. Why? Because I couldn't get any of the other designer/publishers here sufficiently interested. So if you'd like a Forge presence at Essen or you know folks who would. Communicate that to us. Let us know. Pester us.

thanks,
-Luke

Matt Machell

Quote from: abzu on October 07, 2005, 03:54:55 PM
HOWEVER, there was never going to be a Forge booth per se at Spiel. Why? Because I couldn't get any of the other designer/publishers here sufficiently interested. So if you'd like a Forge presence at Essen or you know folks who would. Communicate that to us. Let us know. Pester us

With this in mind. If there's anything that folk want me to scope out while I'm there, for future decisions along this line, let me know.

-Matt

Frank T

There is other indie presses that set up booths at Spiel. Sighpress was already mentioned. There might be Nackter Stahl. Also, Projekt Odyssee. Next year, hopefully, BARBAREN! (maybe together with other 8ternity.net folks?) It's too early to make plans for that, but I'll keep it in mind. It'd probably be helpful to you anyway to have some Germans on the booth. So, maybe a big International Indie RPG Booth next year? I like the idea. Let's stay in touch.

- Frank

JasperN.

No Forge booth? Bummer.I was perpared to spend serious money....Anyway, I´ll be at the Sighpress booth too, together with Tim. Looking foward to meeting any of you guys!

Eero Tuovinen

Yeah, let's do Forge booth Europe next year. Who'd we have, though? Me, Frank and who else?

That's serious, by the way. I can totally imagine going to Germany for a big gaming convention like Essen if we'd get a local German guy to do the majority of logistics and half a dozen people to run the booth. A couple of designers wouldn't hurt either, but if Frank's doing Barbaren, I'm bound to finish something as well.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Christoph Boeckle

You might get some interested guys from the french indies at this place. This site only publishes pdf documents, but some authors also do print and might know other indie designers from farther abroad.
If you need any help for french or whatever, you can send me a PM.

Not many are Forge regulars, but hey, this might move more french speakers to the Forge.
Regards,
Christoph

Matt Machell

Quote from: JasperN. on October 09, 2005, 05:44:50 PM
Anyway, I´ll be at the Sighpress booth too, together with Tim. Looking foward to meeting any of you guys!

I'll bring a small set of indie games with me, if people want to take some timeout to play or just read (likely Mountain Witch, Inspectres and The Nopress Anthology).

I'll happily join in any demos you guys are running, though my German's a tad rusty.

-Matt