News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

ENnie Award Nomination

Started by TonyLB, July 18, 2005, 01:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

I'm torn between aw-shucks-ing and fist-pumping.  I get back from DEXCON 8 and I find that Capes has been nominated for two ENnie awards, Best Game and Best Rules.  That rocks!  I am grateful!

Go Vote.  It will make me happy.  There are four ballots for each category, but it doesn't help anything if you vote for Capes in all four ballots.  You should figure out some other games that also rock on toast (such as, just to name one, Burning Wheel Revised in Best Rules) for which to vote.

The judge-nomination followed by popular vote is a pretty wonky system.  I can totally see how folks who don't win can feel very better about being nominated (by, one presumes, informed peers rather than some unselected and presumably smelly mass of humanity) than they think they would about winning.

So let me make it clear:  I want to win.  Go Vote.  I'm grateful and honored and bouncing and weepy about being nominated.  It's more than I ever expected.  And I want to win too.  I'm greedy that way.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Larry L.

Mike Holmes

Wow, congratulations, and thanks for posting this here. Because otherwise I would have missed that the Ennies had been opened up to more than just d20 games. Interesting move, and good to know.

Thanks,
Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

TonyLB

From some of Denise's post, I get the impression that they expanded beyond just d20 products some time ago, and people hadn't noticed.  But yeah, they've got a lot of stuff going on.

EDIT:  Oh yeah!  And thanks for the congratulations.  Sorry, still working on impaired brain functions, post-con.  Politeness is scheduled to come back online sometime this afternoon.

Brennan Taylor

I voted! I am really glad the ENnies have opened up to more than just D20, as well. ENWorld in general is trying to expand horizons, and I met Crothian, one of their reviewers, at Origins. He is interested in reviewed many IPR  products, not just the D20 variety.

As another note, Dawning Star and Slavelords of Cydonia were also nominated, both IPR products.

Vaxalon

I disagree.  There are already dozens of fora that cover the entire gaming world.  I valued ENworld for its focus.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Larry L.

Steve Yablonski from Lansing, MI voted for Capes on ENWorld. The following week he was caller number seven on a radio morning show, winning a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a prize package to the Bahamas.

Ted Degassi from Venice Beach, CA forgot to vote for Capes on ENWorld. One month later, he was struck by a drunken motorist and died in a coma two weeks later. Also, his dog got cancer.

TonyLB

Not that, y'know, we're infecting dogs with cancer.  Because you can't pin any of that on us!  You'll never prove it!

Ben Lehman

Goal: Pin it on Tony.

yrs--
--Ben

TonyLB

So, Capes didn't win.  But I get Story Tokens!

Denise

Sorry I didn't pop in earlier to say this but...

'Twas great to meet you, Tony!  Thanks for being such a great sport for doing the interview for the podcast too.  You're awesome, and I look forward to being able to hang out with you at a future convention (if either of us manage to find the time!)
An ENnie vote has as much meaning as a dollar bill - that is, it's worth what you choose to value it at. -clash

The Annual Gen Con EN World RPG Awards ("The ENnies")