News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Trip to Berlin

Started by Ron Edwards, September 21, 2005, 12:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I'm planning to visit Berlin for two weeks, the first half of December. This is part of my project Spione: Story Now in Cold War Berlin, which is not really suitable for discussion at the Forge.

However, I have no friends in Berlin, no place to stay, and only enough German to get me in trouble. I'm working on some of those limitations right now.

At least one person has already generously offered to let me stay with them, but two weeks is a long time for a guest, so I'm looking for reasonably-priced hotels for a week's stay as well. I'm also interested in knowing who'd like to socialize with me in the city, to help me keep from getting lost or doing something stupid, to learn more about my project and perhaps try it out a few times, to show me a few places and introduce me to other people, and perhaps even show me around nearby places.

I have spent the last year entirely immersed in readings about espionage, Germany/Berlin, FRG/GDR issues, and related material. This trip is becoming extremely important to me not only for my project, but also emotionally and politically. If you live in or near Berlin, and are at all interested in participating, please respond by email to sorcerer@sorcerer-rpg.com.

On a related note, residents of all former eastern bloc countries are invited to contact me as well, if you'd like to know more about the project and participate in its current stages.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Many thanks to everyone who contacted me! I haven't replied yet, but I will.

I have just bought my airline tickets, which was scary. My trip to Berlin will last from December 6 through December 16th.

If anyone wants to meet me in Berlin, get in touch!!

Best,
Ron