News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Translational assistance on a web article?

Started by daMoose_Neo, October 02, 2005, 10:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

On occasion I go poking around the web, see where my games are talked about, what folks are saying and I've come across one I *think* is swedish, I don't know.
Anyone here possibly take a look at this and possibly translate it any?

http://www.rpgforum.dk/mod-perl/rpgforum.pl?cmd=showmessage&id=39981
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Ben Lehman

It's Danish.

And, no, I can't translate.

yrs--
--Ben

Per Fischer

It's basically just a discussion asking whether there are any links between an old Danish convention scenario, Paladins Lampe - "Paladin's Lamp" - and Final Twilight, because apparently their ideas are very similar.

The conclusion seems to be that the idea(s) are not particularly unique and therefore probably present in more than one or two games or scenarios.

Per
Per
--------
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

daMoose_Neo

Ahkay.
Actually, I think its more about The Imp Game, as I saw a couple links back to the RPG.net review of it, as well as mention of Labrynth the movie.
Man, wish there were some site out there that translated Danish to English :P
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Yokiboy

Easy Nate,

I can help. The claim that the Imp Game is so much like their game "Paladins Lampe" that they'd like to get an intellectual property lawyer to sue Neo Games. All this based on the RPG.net review...

One intelligent poster points out that even if you copyright your books, you still have no control of the "ideas and principles" of your work.

Anyhow, here's the link to Paladins Lampe. The best thing is that the intro on that web site make Paladins Lampe sound just like My Life with Master.

I wouldn't worry so much about it.  :)

TTFN,

Yoki

daMoose_Neo

lol - Niiiice. Very very cute ^_^ And here I thought I might have a bit of publicity for it, darn it all.
Course too, a legal controversy would also be publicity. More expensive than an ad though I imagine.
Nate Petersen / daMoose