News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Halcyon] Introductory Scenario now available!

Started by Dante Guano, July 04, 2006, 02:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante Guano

Hello, all!  Pursuant to the feedback that I received regarding the rules-heavy Quick Start Guide that was previously available, I have put together a quick, 33 page download that is perfect for playtesters.  It is designed to give a GM and up to 4 players a run through the game.  It is rules-light and much of the system has been overhauled to make for more rapid game play.

You can find the download on the Hacyon Web site at www.halcyonrpg.com.  After reviewing or playtesting, please feel free to email me or post to the forums with any feedback.

I am also looking for talented artists whose work conveys the look and feel that I intend for the fictional setting.  It is also very important that artists are capable of such wondrous feats such as... well, answering emails.  And, maybe hitting deadlines.

For those who missed my last post (may it rest in peace), here are the vitals:

Synopsis:
The year is now 2120 and the world is still rebuilding from the great Cataclysm of eight years prior. From the ashes of Manhattan Island, the new city of Halcyon is being constructed. The North American Consolidated Federation is dogmatic in its intent to rebuild the region and establish Halcyon as the new beacon of modern civilization, as a testament to the greatness of western civilization, and as the promise of golden years ahead for the billions of disenfranchised individuals. In this new city of opportunity, beneath the towering skyscrapers and the gleaming arcology, wars have begun over who will claim the spoils and rise to power in what is to become the keystone city of the Federation. The Federation and its military, foreign governments, megacorporations, organized crime syndicates, arms dealers, drug runners, fanatics, anarchists, and countless other factions all enter the fray to control the rise (or demise) of Halcyon and place their claim on the future of civilization. All eyes are upon this highly-coveted and contested megapolis. And for good reason.  As Halcyon goes, so does the world.

Enjoy!

Dante Guano

Character Sheets!

I have just uploaded the latest revisions of the Basic and Full Character Sheets.  I believe I am on revision # 147.  This has certainly been a journey rather than a destination.  However, I am adamant about making them as fun, straightforward, and useful as possible.  You may download them from the appropriate section aforementioned website.  I would really appreciate any and all feedback.  Thanks!