News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dreamation 2006

Started by Helvetian, October 17, 2005, 03:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen on October 25, 2005, 04:01:46 PM
I'd certainly like to attend (it's not crazy far away and I had fun the last time I went to Dreamation). But the problem is: what the hell would I do? I don't like to run games...that's for sure.

Maybe a repeat performance of "the Luke & Jared show" from GenCon? FWIW, last year at Dreamation, Vincent and Clinton had better attendance for their seminars on Sunday than you did on Saturday. If you & Luke let me know when you'll be available, I'll do what I can to minimize competition in that time slot.

Judd: Cool. Thanks for the games. Since we've got a lot of interest, I'll look into making a preliminary schedule soon.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Emily Care

Hey Michael,

I'd like to attend.  I could run Breaking the Ice & PtA. I've heard you folks put on a great Con.

best,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Luke

I'm down with the Luke and Jared show on Sunday, or something. But damn, we'll have to rehearse.

-L

Bret Gillan

I'm looking into arrangements to attend right now, and should know for sure in a couple of days. If I do attend, I could confidently run Capes and octaNe, though Jared would have to bring a bound copy of it for me to purchase because I am not going to mess with my loose page print-out.

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Andrew Morris on October 25, 2005, 04:50:54 PM
But the problem is: what the hell would I do? I don't like to run games...that's for sure.

Staff the booth. Pimp your games. Do seminars or workshops.

Don't you tell me what to do, Morris.

Oh.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Andrew Morris

Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen on October 29, 2005, 02:11:59 AM
Quote from: Andrew Morris on October 25, 2005, 04:50:54 PM
But the problem is: what the hell would I do? I don't like to run games...that's for sure.
Staff the booth. Pimp your games. Do seminars or workshops.
Don't you tell me what to do, Morris.
Don't ask what to do then, Sorensen.
Download: Unistat

Emily Care

Quote from: abzu on October 26, 2005, 04:13:26 PM
I'm down with the Luke and Jared show on Sunday, or something. But damn, we'll have to rehearse.

Can I watch?
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Clinton R. Nixon

It is most likely that I will be there in attendance.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on October 31, 2005, 03:30:29 PM

- Clinton

Very cool! Are you up for running some tSoY? Anything else?
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Andrew Morris

Quote from: Michael S. Miller on October 31, 2005, 05:29:36 PM

Indeed. I'd love to see a Clinton-run game of Paladin. And, despite his lack of interest in running games, I'd jump at the chance to play the Farm with Jared.

Nathan

Howdy,

I'm available that weekend, and I'm looking for some stuff here on the east coast. Is Dreamation well attended? Has it been a positive experience for everyone who went in the past?

I'd be willing to run Eldritch Ass Kicking and Barbarians Versus at the very least. I'd also be willing to help demo some other stuff as needed -- Paladin, Dogs in the Vineyard, etc.
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

Andrew Morris

Dreamation is awesome for the indie games, based on my experience last year. I'm not sure about the attendance, but I'd be suprised if it was less than a thousand or more than two.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Michael S. Miller on October 31, 2005, 05:29:36 PM
Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on October 31, 2005, 03:30:29 PM

- Clinton

Michael,

I would certainly run TSOY if I can in fact make it. In addition, I will probably run "The Face of Angels," a role-playing game I have in development.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Helvetian

Sorry for my whole lot of late in replying to stuff, all.  Been a little hectic here.  :-)

Quote from: abzu on October 25, 2005, 03:52:28 AM
I'd be interested in running a panel of sorts on Friday evening/late afternoon if you think there'd be any interest Rebecca.

-L

I do plan to have and to moderate a track of panels, and can certainly put in whatever you guys would like to have there.  We're not a huge panels con, as a number of you have seen, but I've seen ours work really well as more of a forum for (mostly) the pros to get together and discuss publishing and the industry as a whole while not focused on running games and demoing at the same time.
Rebecca Badurina
Vice President, Programming
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Helvetian

Quote from: Andrew Morris on October 31, 2005, 07:23:06 PM
Dreamation is awesome for the indie games, based on my experience last year. I'm not sure about the attendance, but I'd be suprised if it was less than a thousand or more than two.

Actually, Dreamation last year was underattended, for reasons that we haven't been able to identify.  We had a lot of compliments on the convention from our attendees, and the companies and vendors seemed happy, so it was very much a success that way.  We didn't get the numbers we expected, however.  The Indies there did really well though, which made me very happy. 
Rebecca Badurina
Vice President, Programming
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com