Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Simulationism Aside  (Read 18928 times)
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2005, 01:48:10 PM »

This, all the way to the My Guy play - I'm very much agreeing, both from the perspective of this is how I think channeling works and the perspective of how it could be thought as (and, potentially become) My Guy -play.
To be clear, My Guy play as I'm refering to it is the dishonest player saying that the only result that occurs to him to do is one that he knows will annoy another player (or players). And he uses the excuse "that's what My Guy would do!" to hide behind the character and not accept responsibility for his actions.

Okay, I think I understand you now - and disagree, to some extent. That is, if the players have not agreed to be entertaining to each other, then taking the action which seems to be only intresting to the player (however he's internally reasoning this) is not dysfunctional. If they have agreed on entertaining and collaborative play then I'm pretty much in agreement that yes, taking an action intresting to the player and not intresting to other can be considered dysfunctional.
We agree. Though I'll say again that I think an implicit part of the CA to be entertaining is hard to resist, it being a social activity after all.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2005, 01:50:42 PM »

Whoops, totally missed that Ron had closed the thread. Anyhow, looking forward to the subthreads.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: