News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

In Speckers: A Guide To Playing InSpectres at School

Started by Galfraxas, April 02, 2002, 01:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galfraxas

Howdy InSpectres Fans,

After looking over the latest version of InSpectres, I became inspired to write a new supplement for the new version of the game. Be prepared for  In Speckers: A Guide To Playing InSpectres At School. I've already sent this to Jared, but here's the already finished intro to the book, as "written" by the founder of In Speckers, Billy Wilson.

QuoteHi! I'm Billy Wilson, and I'm the boss of the In Speckers at Buddy Holly Memorial Elementary School. In Speckers is those guys who fight the boogy man and stuff all over the place. Well, me and Tommy S. started our own In Speckers at the school, and we've been stopping the boogy man and his scary friends from getting us kids. Well, we had like ten people in In Speckers, and then Bobby Smith and Donny moved away, but I got a phone call from Donny and he said that they started being In Speckers at his new school too. And I heard on my AOL that other kids was starting In Speckers at their schools. So like us In Speckers are all over the place at every school, just like the real In Speckers are everywhere else. And some kids who go to a smart kids school made this book, and asked me to write stuff for the beginning, like the boring parts we don't ever have to read in the school books, that stuff like close to the contents page. So I wrote this stuff. Um, I read the stuff the other kids put here, and it's important. If you read this stuff, you should be able to be In Speckers at your school too. And remember the first rule of In Speckers: Never talk about In Speckers to the adults. They won't believe you anyway, and if they do, you'll get to see the real In Speckers. They're neat.

Hope you enjoy the teaser. It'll be completed by the end of the month.

Tim Boser
AKA Galfraxas
Imagination is the key to inner peace. Do you know which door it lies behind?

Mike Holmes

Little Fears meets InSpectres? You're mad, I tell you. Mad!

Put a rush on it, willya? :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jared A. Sorensen

I for one am really looking forward to this. I love the AOL reference...

Anyway, yes. Go Tim!

I never even thought of InSpectres translating to a kind of kiddie "fan club," rather than an actual business. Really cool idea, very game-able and it still fits well within the InSpectres play structure.

Strikes me as a fun cross between Monster Squad and The Goonies.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Zak Arntson

Don't forget the Weird Agent (or just Weird) companion to the kids. Like E.T. or Frankenstein (from that Monster movie that Jared and I were just talking about ...)

You know, the kids have some weird friend they have to hide from the parents.

The idea for In Speckers kicks so much ass, I cannot wait to see it done.

Galfraxas

After reading Zak's idea, it came into my mind that the kids themselves might be weird. Just a thought. Any questions/comments/suggestions?

Tim Boser
(AKA Galfraxas)
Imagination is the key to inner peace. Do you know which door it lies behind?

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: GalfraxasAfter reading Zak's idea, it came into my mind that the kids themselves might be weird. Just a thought. Any questions/comments/suggestions?

Well, one of the major themes in InSpectres is that the agents are pretty weird (not Weird weird, but definitely not normal folks). So yeah, the kids are gonna be a bit strange. I do love the idea of the kids being like the Monster Squad or the Goonies (both had big, strong, simple "monsters" as companions...namely Frankie and Sloth). Having the kids "be" Weird (ie: monsters themselves) I'm not too sure about. Could be cool in a Lil' Gloomy kinda way (it's a comic book where the main characters are all monster kids, very Pumpkin Town-ish) but that would be a different game entirely.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jürgen Mayer

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenCould be cool in a Lil' Gloomy kinda way

Oh man, Carl Cthulhu would make a really great NPC for In Speckers, wouldn't he?
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com