News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Halloween & Spreading the word

Started by daMoose_Neo, October 31, 2005, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

Just thought I'd share an interesting experiment I'm attempting-
While preparing for what would be a rather fun evening of sharing sugary goodness with all manner of ghouls and goblins, it occured to me: I had a LOT of left over promo material from my convention season...
So, simple idea: along with the candy and chocolate I'm handing out, why not toss in an extra card or insert?
At the least, I know some kids were quite excited, caused quite the clamor outside the house at one point, but they were pretty psyched to see me giving out cards- ran out of candy an hour early actually! Could have kept going with the cards, but I felt bad not having any candy for the youngers, I was trying to give the cards out to the older kids as Twilight isn't exactly elementary school fare.
But, for now, thats that. I handed out a couple hundreds I think in a little over an hour (one younger kid saw the cards and tried to take off with a fistful, but Mom persuaded him otherwise, lol). Being today's the 31st, it'll be easier to track some web searches and hits, see what kind of after-holiday traffic I can dig up.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Josh Roby

On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

daMoose_Neo

Ahkay, webstats from the first two days of November indicate half my refferals are coming off search engines using the game name "Final Twilight" (which fits, considering the name is on the back of all of the cards, but no company information is on the cards).

By comparison to the first couple days of October, we have more than twice as many hits November 1 and 2. One uncertainty however is that in the last week, average hits per day are only slightly below the 1st & 2nd, so...
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

philreed

I gave out comics one year. The kid's were pretty excited about that.

Good idea for the promo cards, though.
------------------------
www.roninarts.com

Blankshield

Damn, that's a good idea.  Note to self: assemble a 50 unit print run for next Halloween of Brick Battles.

Not so much my other games for kids, but Brick Battles is totally there.

thanks!

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/