News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Minor Quibble

Started by dunlaing, October 05, 2005, 10:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunlaing

My friend Jim pointed out that the click and locks are on the page in the opposite order of how you'd say them, and thought that that was backwards.

For instance, he created a character using Teleporter and Inhuman. Reading across his sheet, it said Teleporter Inhuman, whereas if the click and locks had been designed the other way around, it would read Inhuman Teleporter.

Anders Gabrielsson

Putting the personality rather than the powers/skills first could possibly be better in other ways as well, though the game's focus on powers vs. responsibility might make the current system better in that regard.

Jack Aidley

It depends on the Click and lock combination which way round you would say them:

Homeless Champion not Champion Homeless, for example
- Jack Aidley, Great Ork Gods, Iron Game Chef (Fantasy): Chanter

dunlaing

true. Homeless Champion is a good point, but do any of the left-hand-side click and locks besides Homeless work well that way? I just looked over the Flash character generator, and it looks to me like almost all work better the other way around, with Homeless being the one exception that works better as is and a few just not working at all (Police Ingenue? Ingenue Police?...although it would work if Police were Police Officer or Policeman(woman) as Ingenue Police Officer)

Jack Aidley

Robot Seducer, Robot Champion, etc. (Robot works both ways round, I think, but the orders have different implications).
- Jack Aidley, Great Ork Gods, Iron Game Chef (Fantasy): Chanter

dunlaing

heh heh heh. Robot Seducer. That's awesome. "I am the Glitter Glam Slim Line 4000, the ultimate vibrator, now with heat-seeking missiles and rocket feet. Would you like me to activate my 'Gigantic Size' power now?"

Yeah, I noticed that Robot worked either way and meant to add that there was a category which worked both ways. It still means that most pairs work better the other way. Like I said in the thread title, though, it's a minor quibble. The game works fine as is and seeing the names in the order they're in doesn't adversely affect my enjoyment. It just seems like it would be aesthetically better to have them on the sheet the other way.

Hans

Quote from: dunlaing on October 27, 2005, 11:30:57 AM
heh heh heh. Robot Seducer. That's awesome. "I am the Glitter Glam Slim Line 4000, the ultimate vibrator, now with heat-seeking missiles and rocket feet. Would you like me to activate my 'Gigantic Size' power now?"

I am definitely using this.  Do I need to get your written permission?

"Gigantic Size power"  *sound of giggling*
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

dunlaing