Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 05:39:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 93 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Beast/Brain Master  (Read 1514 times)
Victor Gijsbers
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« on: November 07, 2005, 04:11:08 PM »

Because the GM didn't have the time (or rather, peace of mind) to prepare for our usual (read: very infrequent) game of Trollbabe, it was decided that I would GM a game of My Life with Master. We didn't finish it, unfortunately, but it was good - good enough that both players, both first-time MLwM players, said they wanted to buy the book. However, nothing really unexpected or problematic happened, and I don't think any insight is to be gained by making an actual play report.

Except for one thing. The players had decided that the Master would be a scientist doing bizarre psychological tests and dissecting the brains of dead humans - and of living humans! - in order to write a book containing the final and complete theory of the mind. I then explained the difference between Beast and Brain Aspect, and asked them which better described the Master. They fluctuated from Brain to Beast and then back to Brain - at which point one of the players said: "Maybe he can be a Beast when he is in the dissecting room, and a Brain elsewhere? Is that possible?" "Let's do it!", I exclaimed, and we did.

It worked very well. When he was not in the dissecting room, I remained seated, and portrayed the Master as basically calm and rational (though with bestial rage sometimes coming near the surface). When he was in the dissecting room, I always stood up, walked around, walked up to the players, spoke into their ears, screamed, and so forth. I liked playing the Master this way - and the players really hated going to the dissection room!

So, I thought I'd share that.

Michael S. Miller

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 07:04:20 AM »

It worked very well. When he was not in the dissecting room, I remained seated, and portrayed the Master as basically calm and rational (though with bestial rage sometimes coming near the surface). When he was in the dissecting room, I always stood up, walked around, walked up to the players, spoke into their ears, screamed, and so forth. I liked playing the Master this way - and the players really hated going to the dissection room!

Brilliant, Victor! I love when they give me a multi-faceted Master, so I can change my body language in response to different cues. Very cool.

Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: