News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Shamble and Moan] I accidentally wrote a 24hr zombie game.

Started by Eric Provost, November 01, 2005, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Provost

Quote from: KirkStraight up, the first question I have is whether its old-school zombies (grawr...shamble/moan/drag foot. Eat) or new-school zombies (Y'know, the fast fuckers. Pretty much Aliens, but with zombies).

I don't think it'll matter too much in the final product if the zombies are slow or fast... but um... check the title.  Shamble & Moan, dude.  Totally old-school zombies in my head.

Quote from: KirkI can do zombie drawings if you want...

Dude, bring it on.

Quote from: KirkAlternately you could have different breeds of zombies...

Take a peek at the GM Zombie Surprise cards paragraph when you get a chance.  There's the beginnings of something like that there.

Thanks for taking the time to take a peek at it.  I wrote a whole bunch of stuff that I want to add to the .doc, but probably won't have a chance 'till the day after tomorrow.

-Eric

Eric Provost

Wow.  Crazy week.  Kinda like winning the lottery and being stuck by lightning in the same afternoon.  My old Yahoo account is frozen/dead.  Some kind of glitch caused me to loose my password and my old account information no longer matches, so they won't let me back into it.  So, I've had to start from scratch, which includes making a new Geocities account.  The old links still work, but I can't update them.

Despite the crazyness I managed to update Shamble a bit more.  I didn't really address the Agendas very much, except to list 8 new ideas for things that might eventually become Agendas.  I think that the 'resolution' bonus from each Agenda might be streamlined to always be gaining a Will To Live point, but I'm not married to the idea yet.

Major updates from the first version to the current version include;

Weapon Dice
Originally I'd assumed that once you had a particular category of weapon at your disposal you'd have it 'till the end of the game.  Now Weapon Dice are expendable and require a player to use a Move to replenish.

Moves
I've begun defining each of the things that a player may do in the game in order to increase their character's chance for survival.  Or, in the case of the GM, things that can be done to reduce the PCs' chances for survival.  Detailing and defining each of the Moves is well is going to be vital.

Places
It was just a proto-idea in my head when I first penned the game.  But where the PCs are at during any particular scene is important to their strategy.  Chilling at the mall is different from running through the graveyard which is different from stocking up on ammunition at K-Mart.  Players (including the GM) will be authoring the attributes of different places they'd like to visit during the game.  I'm hoping that this will not only set up an interesting strategic choice for each of the players, but also mean that every session will have a severly different flavor as different locations are introduced.

There's still lots to polish, but even after some time-delaying setbacks I still feel like I'm on track for getting this sucker finished by the end of the month.

-Eric

Kirk Mitchell

Still haven't had a chance to do any sketches or even peek at the text yet, its been crazy due to exams. But now that they are over... I've got about three hours of doing straight nothing planned tomorrow. You'll get some sketches in the next day or so. I'll try and read the text quick-soon.

Luck
Kirk
Teddy Bears Are Cool: My art and design place on the internet tubes.

Kin: A Game About Family