News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Thesis: The Role of Detection in Rule Enforcement

Started by Montola, November 04, 2005, 04:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montola

Montola

((Hmmm... yet again I notice that my terse expression makes a rude impression above. Well, as I can't edit it afterwards, I can just pre-emptively refer to the charitable reading, saying that I didn't intend to be rude here.))

- Markus

(PS. Why on earth is editing disabled? It's a standard feature in BBS discussion.)

Blankshield

I don't bump into Tom a whole lot these days - our schedules rarely mesh, so I haven't had a chance to ask him when he wrote this.  Safe to say, however, that it's at least a decade old. 

thanks,

James

I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Bankuei

Hi Markus,

Editing is disabled on the Forge for two reasons.

1) There's been a case or two where someone has gone back and edited their posts to make themselves look better (in the petty argument sense)... even long after the conversation has ended.

2) No editing encourages people to think first, and look over their posts before just firing them off.

Chris

Vaxalon

It  encourages in the sense of punishing those who don't.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Stefan / 1of3

It probably punishes those who are supposed to read it in the end, as well.