News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Is TSOY's first edition still available, as well?

Started by shadowcourt, November 12, 2005, 03:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowcourt

This is one of those pain-in-the-ass questions, I know, but as keen as I am at getting my hands on the Revised Edition of The Shadow of Yesterday, I've been poring over the Creative Commons version of 1st edition rules for a little while now, and have just started a game using those rules, to actually try them out. With the understanding that it'd be a big move to change the rules after I've explained them to new players only a week or two ago (particularly as some of them are relatively new to the RPG world in general), I wanted to know if it's possible to track down an older edition, and buy that as well as the Revised one?

It'd certainly help me in being able to make the transition, and odds are I'd be willing to pony up the cash for both, particularly if it supported Mr. Nixon's future work.

Cheers,

-shadowcourt

Keith Senkowski

I know IPR has limited copies of the first edition as well as copies of the second.
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Clinton R. Nixon

Keith's right - IPR has a few last copies of the first edition, and is selling them on the website.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

shadowcourt

Thanks. I ordered it from their site. Much appreciated, both of you.

Clinton, thanks for all of your hard work on the game.

Andy Kitkowski

Hey all, just in case anyone else was interested in getting their hands on a copy of the original edition of TSOY: I've got two copies of the original version, and I wouldn't mind giving one (not both) up for a deep discount.  My group already switched to revised, but if you're looking to explore the original, LMK!

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Keith Senkowski

Nice Andy.  Why don't you just take the food right out of Punk Ass Nixon's mounth?

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Andy Kitkowski

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Clinton R. Nixon

Seriously, buy 'em from Andy. Make him promise to quit using "LMK" all over the place as part of the deal, though - it's like a chat room in here all of a sudden.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andy Kitkowski

Hah, sorry 'bout that.  I still hold "LMK" on "Level Three/Four", where "Level Ten" is "ROFL" and "PLZ". 

And to return to bid'nezz, yeah sorry I didn't consider the bogarding Clinton's sales aspect (I didn't know he still made cash off the old edition).  As it is, though, of the 4-5 copies of the original TSOY I bought, I currently have two left: One of those is not leaving my possession, but the other is totally up for grabs if someone is looking for a spare.

-Andy