News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Re: Dresner article series

Started by Olorin, November 17, 2005, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olorin

Sorry to raise an old old thread, but I just recently found those two articles and I'm very pleased with them.
But now I'm wondering, why isn't there more of them? What happened?
Antti Luukkonen
SilverBear Games

Eric Provost

Hello Olorin and welcome to the Forge.

Problem is that you're ressurecting a four year old thread.  That's a pretty severe no-no here.  Next time just start a new thread with a link to the old one and no toes will be stepped on.

I'd suggest doing that now.  Don't wait for anyone else to post here. 

-Eric

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Eric, let me moderate, thanks.

Hi Olorin. As you can see, I've split your post and Eric's reply into a new, contemporary thread. Make sure to check out the site guidelines, in one of the top sticky threads in the Site Discussion forums.

Key point #1: if you find yourself starting a post with "sorry but," that's a clear signal that you should ask me, through private message, whether it's a good idea to post it. I'm not actually an ogre most of the time, and I welcome such messages.

Key point #2: please don't apologize in response to this post. It'd be like apologizing to the cop who's helping you get your car out of the wrong lane. He appreciates your cooperation, but isn't interested in apologies to him.

The best thing for you to do now is to identify issues or points from the Dresner articles that you'd like to discuss. If you'd like to know why they didn't continue, that's a matter for the Site Discussion forum. The answer lies with decisions and interactions of mine, so I'll answer them there. In fact, I'll start a thread of my own to do that.

Best,
Ron