News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Recommended Reading

Started by Ben Lehman, November 01, 2005, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

So, my mother just published a book titled Strong at the Heart: How it feels to heal from sexual abuse.  While the things discussed in the book are not directly about Polaris, it is a book I recommend to people interested in pursuing and examining such issues in games such as Dogs in the Vineyard, Breaking the Ice, Sorcerer, Under the Bed, My Life with Master, and so on.

I just didn't feel comfortable plugging it in someone else's forums, so I'm plugging it in my own.

Despite the fact that it is by my mother, and thus I'm sort of biased against it, it is an excellent book and worth reading for anyone who wants to address these issues at all which, given the numbers, ought to be all of us.

More info about the book is available at the book's website: http://www.strongattheheart.com/

yrs--
--Ben

P.S.  I encourage you to purchase it from your local bookstore, rather than Amazon, because I like local bookstores.

Ben Lehman

Two items:

First, my mother tells me that this thread is the second largest source of traffic for her site.  Way to go, guys!

Second, if anyone reads the book and wants to discuss it, they can post in this thread and that's cool.  Discussions in or out of the context of RPGs are fine.

yrs--
--Ben