News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

That's Not Pork

Started by Bailey, January 14, 2002, 05:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailey

Just read the article at the WickedPress website and saw that he picked out my review of L5R as an example of "what's wrong with reviewers."

At first I thought he must have paraphrased.  He must have put words in my mouth.  My MOUTH!

But then I checked out rpg.net's archives and found the review I had written.  So in response to John's attack on my ability as a reviewer I have to make my impassioned rebuttal.

"I must've been high"  That review was a freakish anomally written when mind altering occupied much more of my time than playing rolegames.  I also had an abysmal gaming group which tended to color reviews of the games I did play at that time.  I didn't even get John's name right in the "author" section of the review.  I still have some issues with L5R, but thety are now completely different and not game breaking.

I'm sorry John.  Please forgive me.

Bailey
"It's John Wick's world.  I just flee his armies of giant robots in it."
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

John Wick

We all get high and post weird things every once in a while.

Speaking from experience,
John
Carpe Deum,
John

Barna

Someone who humbly admits he was wrong in a open forum. The end of the world must be near. Next thing I`ll hear people saying apologizing is not for sissies and intellectual honesty is right...

thumbs up Bailey
"No era el hombre mas honesto ni el mas piadoso, pero era un hombre valiente"

Arturo Perez Reverte, primera linea de "El Capitan Alatriste"

Bailey

Really, go look at the review I wrote.  It was the worst review I've seen and I can't have any excuse for it.  I didn't even get John Wick's name right.  That should say something.  I was a hard core user and only dug Changling, not that the two are related.

Now I use the L5R system for all my fantasy gaming and own a copy of Orkworld.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON