News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Six Players

Started by Darren Hill, November 16, 2005, 08:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

Over on:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/pen/vpost?id=694535
someone said the Polaris is meant for 4 players, and Ben (!) said, "As a counter-point to Paul's view, I actually prefer 6."

What rules do you use for six players? That happens to be the number I have in one of my groups, and I'd like to try Polaris with them.

Ben Lehman

Six players looks like this, sitting around a table:
Heart - Full Moon - Dummy - Mistaken - Dummy - New Moon - Heart

Where "Dummy" is someone who isn't required to act in the scene at all, although they can still kibbitz and loan characters if they like.

yrs--
--Ben

Darren Hill

I see - so it's still directly left, directly right, and opposite.
One thing I was thinking of doing was having a dummy position be an Official Notekeeper for that Heart.

Ben Lehman

Quote from: Darren Hill on November 16, 2005, 10:52:45 PM
One thing I was thinking of doing was having a dummy position be an Official Notekeeper for that Heart.

Dummies are very useful for all sorts of reasons.  Personally, I just like to take a scene "off" and be able to get up, wander around, think about new scenes, get something to eat, etc.

yrs--
--Ben

Darren Hill

Oh yes, I can see that would be useful. When we played Primetime adventures, several of my players did find the extra work of sharing GM-like duties a bit draining. I imagine Polaris will ve very similar.

Eric Minton

Quote from: Darren Hill on November 16, 2005, 10:52:45 PM

Sounds like a good idea.  We took very few notes in our first session, and now I have very little idea as to the details of what actually happened!