News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Sorc] Combat Wiki Posted

Started by James_Nostack, November 26, 2005, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James_Nostack

Helpful Flowchart for Sorcerer Conflict

At least, I hope it's helpful.  I'll try to monitor the combat threads, and modify this in the light of frequent questions and their answers.  If I've made any major mistakes, please advise.
--Stack

Lisa Padol

Thanks. Hopefully, it'll help the next time I try to run combat in Sorcerer. The first time was pretty heinous.

-Lisa

James_Nostack

A Question on Demons & Damage

In the main rule book, it's declared that when demons get smacked around for (2 x Stamina) damage, they vanish--either forever, or until summoned once more. 

But what happens when a demon takes damage greater than Stamina (but less than twice Stam)?  Can they do the whole "push on through the pain" trick?  I thought that was for sorcerers only.
--Stack

Lisa Padol

Quote from: James_Nostack on December 04, 2005, 12:20:51 PMBut what happens when a demon takes damage greater than Stamina (but less than twice Stam)?  Can they do the whole "push on through the pain" trick?  I thought that was for sorcerers only.

Yes, I'd wondered about exactly that.

-Lisa

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Clarification: a demon must take 2X Stamina in lasting damage in order to be killed. For an unBound demon, this means it is Banished. For a Bound demon, this means it is really killed.

Clarification: a demon cannot overcome damage using Will in the way sorcerers can. No one can do this except sorcerers.

Best,
Ron