News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Planescape Keys & Secrets

Started by Judd, December 04, 2005, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

I'm fascinated with world-building via Secrets and Keys, really kind of guiding the game's tone through what the players have in front of them to choose from when they have XP to spend.

I have started two threads on RPG.net, one for Keys and one for Secrets.

Mike Lucas

[wishlist]
What I would love to see is some brainstorming on Keys & Secrets for the very cool Midnight setting. Don't you think that with enough work TSOY is a great fit for that setting? - it even has 'Shadow' in the title!
[/wishlist]

I own a lot of the Midnight books and always wanted to run a campaign there, but my old D&D group is now scattered across the planet. I've played some online chat-based D&D using OpenRPG, which was fun, but I was always a bit disappointed in the combats - tactical D&D combat is tough without miniatures*. I do think the resolution system in TSOY is much more suited to online games. If I ever try it out I'll definitely post my experiences here (likely in Actual Play).

*OpenRPG does a map tool which allows for some tactical information, but it's nothing like using real minis.

Twobirds

This is a great idea, Paka, thank you.  It's gotten me excited about Planescape again.

Judd

Quote from: Mike Lucas on December 04, 2005, 04:31:00 PM
[wishlist]
What I would love to see is some brainstorming on Keys & Secrets for the very cool Midnight setting. Don't you think that with enough work TSOY is a great fit for that setting? - it even has 'Shadow' in the title!
[/wishlist]

For your Secrets and Keys, look to the Heroic Paths.

Truth be told, if I was going to run Midnight today, I'd use Burning Wheel.  I'd barely have to do anything to convert it.

But if you want to do it, look to the Midnight book and get it going.  It really isn't hard.