News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shock Playtest, with mixed results

Started by Tim Alexander, December 02, 2005, 01:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joepub

sie?

Hehehe. Okay, I can live with that one. it was the intercaps that was killing me.

Also, want to footnote the first time hir appears? explaining that hir and sie are genderless pronouns?

And, to point out, they AREN'T genderless. They are mixed gender. "They" and "its" are genderless. Sie and Hir are collages, held together with crazy glue and modge podge, of what were once two viable gender pronouns.

joepub

oh, my bad. pronoun discussion ended.

just footnote the first time hir or sie is used, and explain the terms briefly. that way it avoids confusion, annoyance.

Thanks. done. end. fade to black.

lampros

You kinda confirmed my initial impressions of shock which is "I don't know how I would actually play this, but omg, the setting creation tool is pure gold." I look forward to watching the game devolop, though.

Tim Alexander

Quote from: lampros on December 05, 2005, 05:12:59 PM
You kinda confirmed my initial impressions of shock which is "I don't know how I would actually play this, but omg, the setting creation tool is pure gold." I look forward to watching the game devolop, though.

It's definitely it's strongest aspect in the text right now. I remember us specifically talking about how the same basic character could be described at the different interactions on the chart. It's a really cool mechanic, and my guess is it's one that Joshua spent the most time on, or was a formative idea for the game. It's up there with Emily's web from Breaking the Ice, which is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

-Tim