News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Artwork question

Started by talesien, March 01, 2006, 08:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmett

Card games usually have pretty high detail in their pictures, (well the good cards anyway) I would categorize your needs by the value of the cards if such a thing makes sense in your game. This gives a visual reference to the value of a card also.

Another point, artist style. Good marker illustrations can look great when shrunk down, but if other pics are oil/acrylic paintings, the marker illustration will look awful in comparison. I think you need to talk to one artist to keep one style throughout your card set.

Heck I'd work for $30 apiece, $100 for high value cards.
Cowboys never quit!!!

Lynn

Quote from: Jack Aidley on March 02, 2006, 09:16:49 AM
Another idea, although I have no idea how you would go about doing it - how about getting artists in Eastern Europe or South America to do the artwork?

I have an office in Ukraine with a team of artists (2D and 3D) and engineers. We outsource half time and full time artists at a very reasonable rate - illustrators to 3D to packaging design (we have offices in Japan and USA, too).

http://www.meshbox.com

Lynn

btrc

As an aside on this topic and related to the public domain thread, Charles Ryan's "Last Crusade" WWII CCG used 100% public domain photographs from the National Archives. They went in and scanned from the original photos as I recall. If Conquest isn't a WWII game, that won't neccessarily help you, but it is an example of the quality of material you can find if you dig deep enough.

Greg Porter
BTRC