News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Wings of Shadow" - upcoming game

Started by Albert of Feh, December 26, 2005, 04:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert of Feh

I've managed to con a friend of mine into running a game of tSoY in Winter quarter. One of the things this guy likes to do for his games is make Flash intro videos to establish tone and thematic material. Well, his intro video for Wings of Shadow has already got me hopping in excitement. I just saw it for the first time a half an hour ago, and I've already got a half-dozen character ideas competing for attention.

The old knight for whom the traditions have lost meaning, who must find new principles to keep from being pulled under?
A young goblin who dreams of being a knight, and may have his chance in these dire circumstances?
A ratkin who doesn't really understand these strange politics and oaths, but who will go do anything to keep his friends alive and together?

This may well show up in the Actual Play forum in a month or so.

Clinton R. Nixon

That is a pretty hot little video. Very nice.

I can't wait to see more about this, Albert.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clay

Loved it.  Wish I had the talent to pull something like that off for my own games.  Maybe I'll give it a shot somehow.  Radio drama is cheap to produce, and entirely appropriate for Cthulhu, one of the other games I play.  Less good for TSOY though.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Bret Gillan

Wow!

That's really cool! Now I'm excited about playing, and I can't!

Zaldreon

I'm Jeff, the one running the game.  I'm glad you guys liked the flash animation.  (If it makes the plot look like "Return of the King," don't be fooled... it's actually rather different, even if the set-up has some similarities.)

Flash videos are actually fairly easy to make, Clay.  The program comes with some tutorials which are all one needs to learn how it works.  (Those tutorials are the only instruction I've ever received.)  Your radio drama idea sounds great for Cthuhlu.

Hopefully, someone will chronicle the game sessions' progress, which we could post to the Actual Play thread, if it's interesting enough to share.