News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[The Other] Pre-playtest questions

Started by Ron Edwards, January 02, 2006, 12:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Tim Kleinert and I sat down over coffee to check out the playtest version of The Other, by Jeff Diamond. For those of you who don't know, Jeff is a key figure in the development of the current independent-RPG scene, with the game Orbit. Read more about Orbit in Rock rock, rock-and-roll future. He also provided the stupendous artwork for my game Elfs.

Previous threads about The Other include The Other - playtest version 1.0 available and STEEL yourself!

Anyway, what with all sorts of things to consider, I haven't been able to put as much attention toward the on-line discussions of The Other as I wanted, so it feels good finally to get here. I'll start with the two basic questions Tim and I figured we needed answered in order to play.

1. When a character is infected and revealed as such to the uninfected folks, his Trust drops to 0, right? And the total amount of Trust does not change?

2. When a character is infected, but not yet discovered by the other uninfected folks, the Trust rules work normally for him and them, right?

And the overall, conceptual question that we were 99% sure about, just wanted nailed down, is this: We are assuming that as more and more characters are infected, the total Trust becomes concentrated (and thus has a higher individual value) among everyone remaining - is that right?

Happy New Year, Jeff! Answers please.

Best,
Ron