News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

System conversions

Started by btrc, January 05, 2006, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

Hey all:
I'm working on the final bits of an equipment guide/design book for the EABA system. For anyone who remembers it, it will do what my old 3G3 system did, but with a bit more elegance and a lot less math.

Anyway, if you have a system that is remotely realistic in its take on damage and such, I'll be happy to put your system in a side-by-side table comparing damage ranges. That is, a damage Rosetta Stone something like:

9mm pistol   System X damage   System Y damage   System Z damage ...etc

I'll be trying to get permission to include my old favorites GURPS and Hero System, but I'm also interested in things like Tri-Stat and newer systems as well.

You can snag a pdf with the damage scaling of both EABA and 3G3 compared to modern weapons at:

http://www.btrc.net/html/eaba.html

It's the EABA/3G3 conversion link in the left-hand column.

If you're interested, I just need an email to that extent, plus any boilerplate you want included ("Blah is a trademark of blah..."). Plus of course:

1) How your system compares to the damage scale in the pdf I referenced above. The more data the better. If you don't want to work it out and your system is available as a pdf, send it to me and -I'll- work it out.
2) A logo file or a reference to whatever font you use for the system name.
3) Since this project is going to be a pdf, a web link that I can hyperlink to your system name.

Email me privately if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Greg Porter
BTRC games