News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Kryptonite

Started by phredd, January 09, 2006, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

Hey, Midnighter is the most dangerous man alive, of course he's going to get beaten up by the kind of half-gods Authority faces all the time! That's to be expected. Now, Swift is out of her league; she doesn't even get a broken nose to prove she matters. A sidekick at best.

... I can't believe you comics geeks succered me into participating in this discussion...
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Bret Gillan

I like this thread so much.

It really got me thinking about Powers, Styles, and Personality not necessarily as a list of ways the character "wins," but as ways a character influences a scene or a conflict with their thematics.

DainXB

QuoteGANGBUSTER  -- a hard-bitten Nick Fury / Max Payne kind of guy.  He's seen the worst on the mean streets, and he's taking his fight to the very top of the underworld.  He knows there's no way a lone man can make a difference in this hard world -- but he's not going to let that stop him from trying!

QuoteI'm including a version of this character in the pre-gens for Dreamation's upcoming Capes tournament.  He's fascinating.  Damn I hope somebody plays him.

Wow.  WOW!  I am incredibly flattered by that.  The author of the game thinks my character idea is cool. 

I hope somebody plays him too.  It would be interesting to see if new players 'get' the limits/flaws-are-actually-dramatic-leverage concept right off the bat.  I would be willing to bet that inexperienced players 'get it' sooner than players with a lot of mainstream RPG experience.

--DainXB

Bret Gillan

Tony actually played him in my Capes game at Dreamation this weekend, and he was AWESOME. He's now one of my favorite characters from any game I've been in ever.

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: DainXB on January 22, 2006, 01:24:31 AM
Wow.  WOW!  I am incredibly flattered by that.  The author of the game thinks my character idea is cool. 

I hope somebody plays him too.  It would be interesting to see if new players 'get' the limits/flaws-are-actually-dramatic-leverage concept right off the bat.  I would be willing to bet that inexperienced players 'get it' sooner than players with a lot of mainstream RPG experience.

--DainXB

Let's be realistic here.  I think it is fair to say that no one had ever proposed a character in this system whose every characteristic is a flaw thematically.  Sure, people have done it with one or two items, but not an entire character.  You broke new ground and it works.  It does more than work, it's very cool.  I think it is fair to guess that Tony...and everyone else who plays the game and has an ounce of sense...is jealous for not having thought of it first.  I know I am.