News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Polaris is about activism?

Started by Grover, January 10, 2006, 10:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney Freedberg

If you think it's really cool, just try it and see if your enthusiasm catches. People are often more open to new things than we give them credit for.

(And thus I blow my chance of an experience roll for this thread...).

Ben Lehman

Neil --

There is absolutely no way that I can address the clearly major social issues you've got going on in your gaming group in this thread.

All I can say is that it sounds to me like you need some FindPlay pronto.

yrs--
--Ben

P.S.  To anyone reading: If you're choosing to reject the game based on this thread, that's sad for you.  This is really underlying symbolism stuff.  The game in play is wall-to-wall maimings, decapitations, and illicit sex.

Ben Lehman

Oh, and everyone else:

I find your mapping of Polaris game-terms onto yourselves deeply fucking creepy.

You are magnificent bastards.

yrs--
--Ben

Larry L.

Also (regardless of what Ron's jaded group thinks) the candle ceremony does something to the gameplay.

You can't read about Polaris! There are none who remember it!

Calithena

QuoteHow do you maintain faith in what you're fighting for?

Through the recognition that (a) there's no other game in town, and (b) by giving up that faith you wind up denying yourself the thumotic pleasures, which are superior to the erotic ones, as Plato well knew.

Jasper the Mimbo

Quote from: Ben Lehman on January 24, 2006, 08:58:05 AM
I find your mapping of Polaris game-terms onto yourselves deeply fucking creepy.

It's about time someone creeped Ben out, instead of it always being the other way around.
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.