News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

So, Ronnies Details?

Started by Thunder_God, January 04, 2006, 09:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder_God

I used the search function, but to no avail. I am curious and want to read the post describing the terms and goals of The Ronnies. The post that people have read before making their games.
Where can I find it? :)
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Ron Edwards

You caught me at a bad minute - I will post a complete reply in a couple of hours.

No one else post, please. Also, I'll be moving this thread to Site Discussion at that time.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

OK, I'm back.

Here's the history of the Ronnies.

Introducing a new contest
The Ronnies, September 2005
[Ronnies] The winners for September
[Ronnies] October contest begins!
[Ronnies] October winners
[It Was a Mutual Decision] Girlfriend + Rat
November Ronnies! Start your engines for the 6th
[Ronnies] November results at last

With each round (three so far), each game has been the subject of at least one Indie Design thread, and in a few cases, Actual Play threads as well. You'll have to run searches for those. You'll also find the relevant links to the games themselves. I'll provide the thread-links for the winners here so you can see what they look like.

SEPTEMBER
$75: Alien Angels, Space Rat, Rats in the Walls, The Suburban Crucible
$25: Untitled, One Can Have Her, Cutthroat

OCTOBER
$75: Contenders, 3-16
$25: Disaster!, Left Coast, Hierarchy, The Drifter's Escape

NOVEMBER
$75: General Mud
$25: Apocalypse Girl, White Dragon, Holodomor, Krasnoarmeets, October's Shadows

Many of the games, winners or not, also feature more Indie Design threads and Actual Play threads. You'll have to search for those. I strongly recommend learning and using the options for the Advanced Search function.

Some of you have expressed opinions about whether I should do more rounds, and how often. It is true that the fast pace so far has led to some really good ideas being passed over. My request to all of you, at this point, is to do a full-on, personal Ronnies review of your own. Find any entries, winners or not, to all three rounds so far that interest you most. Play them. Re-read them. Post about them.

I do want to run at least two more rounds, but will pace them out a bit more slowly. However, I'd like to see that "culture" that I wrote about in the November results thread come more fully into existence here and with any luck, at other websites.

Best,
Ron

edited to fix a link

Thunder_God

Sorry about the wrong forum postage. I more or less posted and then collapsed due to lack of sleep over the last 2 weeks.

I did use search, for the most basic of terms(Ronnies) but found everything but the ground rules.

Guy Shalev.

Ron Edwards

You're welcome.

To make this clear to you and everyone else, there's no need for apologizing when dealing with forum-use issues. For the more experienced folks, offering an apology confuses newcomers about that, too, so keep it in mind.

If anyone currently has questions about the Ronnies in general, this is a good thread for it.

Best,
Ron

Sydney Freedberg

Ron, could you make this thread a sticky and continue updating it for future rounds? A comprehensive "index thread" linking to the others, as with the "Infamous Five," would be tremendously useful.

Thunder_God

Basic netiquette, I'm not really Sorry.

It's like: "I beg your pardon, but could you tell me what time it is?"
;)
Guy Shalev.

Thunder_God

Just posting a very rough idea sketch since I'll only be able to explore it in two weeks' time(Brother is having a Bar Mitzvah this weekend, previous weekend was spent at army). For fun, since I'm way past overdue and I'm mixing. Cranium Rats, to feature Rat and Mund, with the added element of Water. Flood and Rainbow scenes, flexibility, burrowing, mind control, artificial day cycles, dreams.
Guy Shalev.

Thunder_God

Next week, next week.

Until then, some more random ideas. Rats as Lemmings. Sinking Ship Rats. Bacteria and Single Cell creatures as Rats as Rats are to people. More mind control. Relation between Water and Rat. Triangular relations and non-relations.
Guy Shalev.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Those are empty posts. Please stop posting in that fashion. We're not here just to pay attention to you.

Let's close this thread, too. It's served its purpose.

Best,
Ron