News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

pdf?

Started by amel, January 19, 2006, 06:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amel

Hi Micheal,

I am curious about the game since I first heard of it. But as I live overseas, I waiting for the pdf. Is there any chance, that it is published soon?

Cheers,

Andreas

Michael S. Miller

HI, Andreas.

thanks for your interest in With Greap Power... There were some technical hangups, but the PDF has just been made available through Indie Press Revolution. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

DainXB

Greetings!

I would like to ask a question about the PDF:  It weighs in at 89 pages, but the print version is 112 pages.  What's missing?
I want to get a copy, and I'd prefer the PDF -- but if there is more 'stuff' in the hardcopy, that's what I'll spring for.

-- DainXB

Brennan Taylor

Also, for everyone's general information, the ordering software at IPR has a glitch that charges postage on these. There is no postage for the PDF. The charges will be immediately refunded, sorry for the inconvenience.

Nathan P.

Dain,

I really should let Michael field this one, but in case you're hankering for an answer...

Many small-press games have print versions smaller than 8.5x11 (a quick check puts WGP at 6 5/8x10 1/4), while the PDF is full page. F'rex, Timestream is ~52 pages in PDF and 84 in print with the exact same content. That's probably the discrepancy.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Thor Olavsrud

Nathan nailed it. There is nothing missing from the PDF version.

DainXB

Excellent!

PDF ordered and received!

This is very interesting stuff.  I'm still digesting it, but this game looks like it will rock, once I get it all figured out. 

The system is unusual, but the rules are very good at explaining how things work.  I particularly like the Script/Pencil/Ink description of how each event happens.  I think that is an excellent way to explain Fortune-in-the-Middle to new players of any game that  utilizes the technique.

--Dain

Michael S. Miller

Hi, all.

Nathan and Thor are correct. The PDF is laid out as two-column 8.5" x 11" without an artistic border, so that it will look good when printed out on a normal printer, without killing the ink cartridge. Meanwhile, the print version is single column 6-5/8" x 10-1/4" with an artistic border, so it looks good on a shelf. Every word from the print edition is in the PDF edition, except I didn't include the character sheet & other forms, to ease the download time. Since all the forms are available for free at the With Great Power... website, I didn't think that was a problem.

Glad you're enjoying the game. As tight as Thor and I were able to make the text, there are still emergent properties that people only realize once they play.

As an aside, I played the game with Clinton R. Nixon at Dreamation last weekend. The next day he said, "I didn't know what to expect when I sat down. When I got the character sheet, and it just has these four boxes on it, I'm thinkin' 'Okay, we'll narrate some stuff and throw some cards around.' But then when I saw how it worked. Oh man, there's a lot of strategy in there! Wow!"
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!