News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Indie Games Exploding I-Con

Started by Judd, January 24, 2006, 03:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubergeek2012

Bret Gillan and I (and I think Paka too) are planning on running some indie games at Arcon V in upstate New York this year.  I think Bret has already put in blurbs for Capes and Octane, and I'll probably be running some Sorcerer.  I would love to have a huge indie presence there this year if possible.  It's not a really big con (about 100 or so last year), but it's always been a fun one.

I happen to know the guy in charge of vendors/guests (it's me), so if any of you designers out there want to come as special guests let me know.  We might be a small con, but we haven't had any guests or vendors go away unhappy so far and we've been getting bigger every year.

If you have any questions for me, please ask.  For those of you who don't know me I'm the guy with the camouflage jacket that was hanging around all day Saturday like a Forge fan boy.  :)
Working on: Heartless Void - A Sorcerer Mini-Supplement (Started Here)

Nathan P.

Did you play in my Carry playtest perchance? I'm bad with names but someone had a camo jacket...

Drat, thats the same weekend as Econocon, which I was thinking of going too. I'll keep an eye on it though, things could very well change.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Judd

Bob, Arcon V should entirely get its own thread, man.

Josh Roby

As should my post for OrcCon.  But your original post didn't mention what Con you're talking about Judd, and I didn't catch it on the title of the thread, so I thought this was a general "How do we bring this to other cons?" thread.
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Judd

I wasn't upset at people talking about how they've done this or plan to do it for other cons but I thought that Arcon and the indie track that Bob and Bret are running deserves its own thread is all.

I don't mind other cons being mentioned in this thread as long as the moderator doesn't mind.

But I would like the main focus on getting the IGE action towards I-Con

ubergeek2012

Quote from: Nathan P. on January 24, 2006, 06:08:51 PM
Did you play in my Carry playtest perchance? I'm bad with names but someone had a camo jacket...

That was indeed me.  I'll probably be posting in that AP thread soon.

Quote from: Paka on January 24, 2006, 06:10:30 PM
Bob, Arcon V should entirely get its own thread, man.

Alright, I'll get on that.
Working on: Heartless Void - A Sorcerer Mini-Supplement (Started Here)

Nathan P.

One thing I think was cool about the IGE at Dreamation was how it was all coordinated under the Indie Games Explosion banner - you could look at our overall schedule, we had a specific slot in the master schedule seperate from umbrella RPG, etc. Is this something that needs to be coordinated by a point person, like Michael did for Dreamation? Or is Dregg willing to keep an eye out for events that we individually flag as "Indie Game Explosion", and he'll make sure it happens? Are there other organizational issues that I just don't know about?
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Salvius

Quote from: Nathan P. on January 26, 2006, 02:32:05 PM
One thing I think was cool about the IGE at Dreamation was how it was all coordinated under the Indie Games Explosion banner - you could look at our overall schedule, we had a specific slot in the master schedule seperate from umbrella RPG, etc. Is this something that needs to be coordinated by a point person, like Michael did for Dreamation? Or is Dregg willing to keep an eye out for events that we individually flag as "Indie Game Explosion", and he'll make sure it happens? Are there other organizational issues that I just don't know about?

Nathan,

Usually, that's a decision made by the people running the convention - Michael didn't ask for or expect that, it was just something that decided would be better for you guys. Remember that a lot of how Indies are represented at any given convention has to do with the way the convention views you. make sure that any con you go to sees the value in your area and the rest will come naturally.

>>>Vinny