News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Just read the iSystem Manifesto...

Started by Ben Morgan, April 14, 2002, 08:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Morgan

I'll have to quote you directly from your email regarding the character sheet, Jared: If you were here right now, I'd have to kiss you.

The link to this is going up on my site right now. Furthermore, I'm sending it to the guys I'm trying to get a game going with, to give them a clearer idea of where my mind is at regarding gaming.

Thank you, Mr. Sorensen, thank you. You've made my day. I'm glad just to have been able to play some small part in all this with the character sheets.

:)
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Amazing KreskinI'll have to quote you directly from your email regarding the character sheet, Jared: If you were here right now, I'd have to kiss you.

The link to this is going up on my site right now.

Hey, Ben.

If you want, feel free to put the PDF on your own site. It's free to reproduce and distribute, even as part of a commercial product (did I not say that on the sheet? I'll look into it).

It's my "OGL."

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

reptile2k1

Hi Jared, hi folks!

I just read the manifesto, and I love it!
It summes up 75% of my "gaming philosophy" and I would like to use it as the basis for a "generic rules light" system - I love generic systems so much and I have too many campaign ideas to make up "specific" rules...

I will translate the things I have into english and would like to add the iSystem logo... but where do I get it? I couldn't find it on your HP... maybe I am blind (yes, that is a possibility)!

Cheers!

P.S.: The franchise sheet image on the DL-page links to the character sheet!
A good set of rules fits on less than 4 pages!

Jared A. Sorensen

Whooops! That's what I get for staying up all night working on stuff. :)

I'll fix it and add the iSystem logo to the downloads section.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

jburneko

I too absolutely love the iSystem Manifesto.  But there is one part of it that I don't like and it's the 'no opposed rolls' things.  I understand the point that it's trying to make and I absolutely agree with the POINT.  However, I primarily GM and well, I like rolling dice, flipping cards, what have you.  I as the GM feel a little neglected in the mechanics department by the iSystem.  'We're players too,' and all that.

So just to be devious I'm issuing this design challenge to Jared: Design a game where BOTH the players and the GM have fun mechanics used throughout play, but never in oppositition to each other.  :)  Or not...

Jesse