News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Could need some advise on a setting(angels vs. demons)

Started by Kreuzfeuer, February 01, 2006, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timopod

Amber, check e-bay, or any decent on line rpg shop should have it.
For setting I suggest spending an afternoon reading stuff on the internet. Start with wikipedia, pantheon.org those types of pages. Also will you present  this as a historical view of angels, or a modern view. The two can be very different?
Tim Goldman
Professional College student
TimOPod@hotmail.com

Kreuzfeuer

I'm using a lot of mysticism from the kaballah and the lore of angels. i prefer the dark view of angels as mighty and stern defenders of earth to the modern day christian view where angels are loving, caring spirits that help humans. actually i'm using jewish angel lore with christian mythology, this really sets a dark tone for the game. Some things are just made up tho, like the role of the metatron.

The real trouble is: there are a lot of different interpretations for a lot of biblical stuff, and a lot of sources(from over 3000 years) so it's hard to decide which to include and which not. and the more i use the parts of christian/jewish faith that are not well known the more i have to explain and the more a new player has to learn, which is something i want to avoid. another topic is playability. If i would use angels as the early jews or the bible suggests they are it wouldn't be fun to play one. so i need to bow to the rules of playability. fun gameplay come before accuracy.

btw: thx for the pantheon.org link!
Working on Opus Dei