News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSOY] New Ratkin shamanic secret

Started by crowyhead, October 17, 2006, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowyhead

I'm kinda geeked because I wrote my first ever custom TSOY secret this week.  I'm playing an albino ratkin shaman named Lutra, and Josh (shadowcourt) and I have been having fun coming up with new and interesting mystical powers for her.  Lutra practices a form of ancestor worship, so this Secret is intended to go along with that.  I thought I'd share this one, since it might be something other folks can use.

Secret of the Spirit-Talker

You have the ability to make contact with ghosts and ancestral spirits, with a successful Prayer check. The ancestral spirits your character honors regularly can be contacted at any place and time, but most other spirits are tied to a specific place (a tower, a temple, a standing stone) and must be contacted in that location. You may use this Secret to speak to spirits, but actually obtaining useful information or favors may require a contest. Cost: 2 Soul

Kirsten

crowyhead

Whoops -- just remembered that we're using modified 1st ed. rules, which means the whole Soul thing doesn't apply if you're, you know, using the actual current rules.  I'm sure you could replace it with whatever other pool makes sense, though.

Kirsten