News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon 2006 Rooms (yes, already)

Started by Nev the Deranged, December 27, 2005, 11:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

Heyas. I am looking to reserve a room at the Courtyard Marriot for GC'06. I figure I might as well do it now while I have some extra cash rather than wait and risk the price or availability changing, or my cash situation taking a downward turn. This way I know for sure I have a reservation no matter what happens. Even if I'm destitute and living in a cardboard box next summer, I will still have a place to shower before manning the booth. ^_^

I am going to try to get room 101, since that is the closest room to the con center, and offer it as a storage room. But that may or may not happen, I don't know how they work it yet.

Anyway, I'm getting a room with two double beds, so there will be plenty of space for other folks who need a place to crash. I'm open to anybody who wants to split the tab, with preferential consideration going to the guys I shared a room with last year, since I know they are good roomies. You guys know who you are.

I will most likely do the actual reserving when I get my tax return back, and I always send it in as soon as I get it, so that shouldn't be too long, but I wanted to toss this out there for interested parties.

Anybody interested, let me know. I know it may seem like jumping the gun but you can never be too early.

peace!

Dave.

joepub

Hey, GenCon Indie?

If so, I really wanted to go to that. But because I am moderately poorish... room costs were to be a problem for me.

I'll take you up on your offer. And, here's the rub:
I would pay 1/4 of the room costs for floorspace. Yeah, I am used to crashing on floors, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Floorspace for a 1/4 of the costs?
(Or some other arrangement?)

Nev the Deranged

Okay... apologies to the folks who contacted me about the room. As it turns out, after some reconsideration, I have decided my reasons for reserving the room this early aren't really that imperative. I've never had trouble getting a room, even a couple weeks before Con time. I can't guarantee getting the exact room I want. And I am actually going to need the money I would have used for it for other things before then.

So, again, I apologize, but I will be waiting on the room. If I do still end up "hosting" a room, I will post again and you are still welcome to contact me about it then.

Thanks.

Andrew Morris

FYI, I'm not sure, but I think housing is being handled differently this year. If you were preregistered as of midnight last night, you got the housing code sent to you at 8 a.m. this morning. Of the six hotels that are connected to the convention center by skywalk, only one still had double rooms available when I reserved by room a few minutes ago. I didn't handle room registration last year, so I'm not sure how different this is, but there was a notice on the GenCon site about it. I don't know if that affects your plans, Nev.
Download: Unistat

Nev the Deranged

Right. I know the Con always has some special housing programs set up, but I've never taken advantage of them, and it's never been an issue.

thanks for the tip, though.