News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Looking for "realistic" indie game

Started by btrc, February 12, 2006, 12:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

Posted this once before elsewhere on the Forge, but got no bites, so I'm trying again here. My current project is a design book (weapons, vehicles, etc.) and I have a simple table in the back listing how different game systems would compare in the way they handle a given weapon's damage. I've already got GURPS, Hero System, Core, Savage Worlds, Action! and a few others lined up, but I -may- have room to squeeze in -one- more column on the table.

So, if there's anyone out there who cares for a little free publicity, let me know. The only limit is that your system has to have an internally consistent and passably realistic damage scheme for firearms. All I'm asking for is a) enough info on weapons in your system to make a valid comparison on the table b) a logo file for the product to go at the top of that column, and c) your consent to do so. All the systems will have a disclaimer more or less like "X is a trademark of Y for their Z, and is used with permission."

Greg Porter
BTRC games

CSBone

Greg,

I would love to have my system associated with BTRC. Guns3G has a treasured place on my game design shelf and both it and Warp World has heavily influenced my present project "2419".  My only problem is that I start play testing in two weeks and I can't say the system will be done until summer. If this looks do-able I will focus on the equipment part of the playtest and publish the system, as a stand alone, early with the idea that I'd have solid data to you by the beginning of May.

If that won't work with your publishing schedule, too bad for me. You make some great products and I look forward to seeing what you're doing next.

C. S. Bone

btrc

That's a little past my hopeful release date (which is "real soon now"), but I'd be happy to make a separate free download of conversions for your system once you've got the mechanics stabilized. Looks like I've got a taker in the form of JAGS (90% certain), which fills out my last table column.

Greg Porter
BTRC

CSBone

M. J. Young

Not to take anything from our friends at Just Another Game System, but if they fall through (that 10%) we'd love to work out something with Multiverser. Drop me an e-mail to talk about it, if there's a chance.

--M. J. Young