News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Concinnity] Wrap Up

Started by Mike Holmes, April 03, 2006, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Concinnity 6 is over, and I thought I'd put in a quick after action review.

I really have to say that this was a very well run small convention...one that I think will only get bigger in future years if they keep the quality up like they did this year.

One of the highlights was having the ever entertaining Matt Forbeck there giving two panels (and he gave me a demo of the Marvel Battle Dice game - some details here: http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=18384). I participated in one panel myself that became more of a self-publisher's "jam-session" where several of us (Matt Wilson included) exchanged ideas about best practices for do-it-yourself publication.

I played a couple of other entertaining demos, too, including an action-packed scenario run by Matt McElroy. In addition I ran two demos of Heroquest that went very well, great players in both sessions. Thanks to everyone who played!

Thanks to Matt and the other organizers (especially Travis from MAGE) for a great little con!

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Matt-M-McElroy

Hey folks,

I have to agree with Mike that this was a great year for Concinnity. I'm still tired this afternoon from all the events, demos and everything else over the weekend. Mike and Matt Wilson were great in the self-publishing discussion, I learned a lot of stuff that will help me out with some upcoming projects.

The writing panle with Matt Forbeck, James Lowder and E.E. Knight on Saturday offered up a lot of information about writing fiction and getting your novel published by one of the big genre publishers.

I got to run a short Obsidian demo and show off The Mountain Witch, Burning Wheel and other great games.

Hopefully things will grow from here and we can get more indie game demos, sales and discussion going at Concinnity next year!

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
http://www.flamesrising.com
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com