News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest Official Thread

Started by Matt Snyder, February 15, 2006, 12:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayuran

Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on April 04, 2006, 04:03:15 PM
50% of the Burning Wheel/NYC crew (Luke, Dro and Mayuran) are vegetarians. I'm worried about what they will do to the chick peas if they have to spend another con living on hummus and pita.

thanks for looking out, thor. if we ended up in subway or chipotle or panda express, we'd probably be unwilling meat eaters by the end of the weekend.

Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen on April 04, 2006, 04:41:21 PM
I say we eat the vegeterians.

that will give you some serious indigestion. wait... haven't you been banned from here yet?

Nev the Deranged

For seafood there is also Shaw's Crab House at Streets of Woodfield, which I have not had, but is rumored to be quite tasty. And probably slightly less pricey than Pappadeaux.

There is a Sweet Tomatoes around somewhere, but I'm not sure where, because I enjoy eating the flesh of other creatures. Preferably sentient ones.

Besides, vegetarianism for the sake of animals is speciesist.

Bill O'Dea

Sweet Tomatoes is near the mall, next to (sort of) an IKEA. If my memory is correct, the nearby mall has: Rainforest Cafe, Stir Crazy, some random Chinese fast food stall, McDonalds, Sbarros, Jimmy John Subs, and Ruby Tuesdays. I highly recommend Maggiano's--an incredible Italian restaurant with decent prices ($12) for huge plates of pasta (size and weight of your head). Just make a reservation or you'll never get in.

The mall also has a Gamer's Paradise for any last minute dice/cards/books/etc. shopping. At least it did when I was last there a few months ago, so please don't blame me if it's closed. :)
Insert Quote Here.

Nev the Deranged

Gamer's Paradise is still there, right up in the corner, as of today. And those places you mentioned. I totally forgot about the stuff IN the mall, so good catch.

Hey, speaking of paraphernalia, we should all be bringing books, dice, notepads, pencils, tokens, playing cards, etc. for whatever we want to play, right?

greyorm

Quote from: Nev the Deranged on April 04, 2006, 05:36:42 PM
Gamer's Paradise is still there, right up in the corner, as of today. And those places you mentioned. I totally forgot about the stuff IN the mall, so good catch. Hey, speaking of paraphernalia, we should all be bringing books, dice, notepads, pencils, tokens, playing cards, etc. for whatever we want to play, right?

Oh, OH...GAMING paraphenalia. Whew, glad I caught that one in time.
{Puts away the rubber gloves and leather pants}

On a more serious note -- note I didn't say completely serious, now you're gonna wonder -- for those of us who do not have the various books for games we might wish to play, will that prove problematic to playing? Almost all the games I want to play in I do not have a copy of and have only heard play reports of up until now. And will anyone be bringing physical copies of their games that we might be able to beg the purchase of? (I'm being careful with my wording since this is not a sales convention)
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Blankshield

I'll bring games I'm running and have and games I want to play and have, and, aw hell, indy game books are small; I'll probably bring my whole shelf, just in case. 

I'll also have some copies of Death's Door in case I need any "free promotional giveaway in exchange for a small cash donation" items.

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Nev the Deranged

I also will bring my whole shelf, which includes:

The Sorcerer Suite
Polaris
Dogs in the Vineyard
The Mountain Witch
Prime Time Adventures (the original, not the spiffy new one)
Bacchanal
the No Press RPG Anthology, which includes
   Pretenders
   Pagoda
   The Agency
   some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head but which also doesn't suck.
My Life With Master
  various printouts of PDFs of I don't even know what. If your game was posted on the Forge as a free PDF, there's a fair chance I have a copy. And I even have a few that cost money.

I will be willing to loan out any book I am not currently using to anybody whom I know or whom can be vouched for by someone I know (which should include pretty much everybody). In exchange for hearing about whatever you played with it, of course ^_^

I should also have extra notebooks and pencils should anyone find themselves short.

D.

Bill O'Dea

I take it we'll be meeting Friday night at the hotel's restaurant/lounge Penne Grill? And should I find the Forge folk by shaking a dice bag and looking to see who scowls? Walk around with a Power 19 list and chat up people until I find one that doesn't run away? Keep my eyes peeled for someone eating a vegetarian?

I'll be coming straight from work, so I'll be a guy wearing a tie. That'll set me apart.

-- Bill O'Dea

PS: Thanks to whoever arranged this!
Insert Quote Here.

Kesher

WooHoo!

We're leaving! 

See y'all at 7 or so...

Aaron
Raven

Mike Holmes

Late notice, but in case anyone is wondering, I'll be coming down tomorrow morning. Took a while to get it figured out, but I'll be there! See y'all in the AM. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.